Holy Land (edbbd8b2)

Heya, I have problems loading this game.

It complains about not able to load mods.

Having that in another game, single revert has not worked. We are trying a double revert now.

Let me see how that game fixes before I do the same here. Please just wait, ill get back to you.

Please try your turn again. DB Gold mod was updated recently

I get the same error.

I unsubscribed and subscribed again.

This is the one I subscribed to.

This is the error I get when trying to load save-game

Please send me your save file in discord. Ill kill the game before it shows your map if it works. Thanks.

I thnk there was another DB Gold update. My other game; the player reported it is working again.

One more revert turn try. sorry @Elvirus

The turn is already reverted but I had the save-game still.

And I think I solved it if it happens again.

I found this thread:

And looking into my Database.log tells me that BUILDING_GOV_FAITH and DISTRICT_GOVERNMENT is missing.

Then I searched my mod folder and found it referenced in workshop/content/289070/2533573440/RemoveGovernmentPlazas/DB_RemoveGovernmentPlazas.sql

So if I just uncommend the deletion of those entries it seems to work for me now.

So my file looks like this now:

--DELETE FROM Districts WHERE DistrictType = 'DISTRICT_GOVERNMENT' ;
DELETE FROM Buildings WHERE BuildingType IN (
'BUILDING_GOV_TALL',
'BUILDING_GOV_WIDE',
'BUILDING_GOV_CONQUEST',
'BUILDING_GOV_CITYSTATES',
'BUILDING_GOV_SPIES',
--'BUILDING_GOV_FAITH',
'BUILDING_GOV_MILITARY',
'BUILDING_GOV_CULTURE',
'BUILDING_GOV_SCIENCE',
'BUILDING_QUEENS_BIBLIOTHEQUE'
) ;

I have no idea what this changes but now I’m able to load the game atleast. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So if @elvirus needs to, and sends you his Save file, you can fix it and return it?

If this works. Well done and thank you.

So I modified the sql file in my mods folder as described above and was able to load the game.

Seems the mod author will fix that issue in next version, in the meantime you can apply the proper fix by doing the steps he outline in the message with timestamp 16 May, 2022 @ 11:22:40 pm CEST at this url:

1 Like

+1 for that fix. Worked like a charm for me.

I just did it too.

Did not work on my side, I can’t even load the save after those changes. This was on my mac, I’ll try on windows later, maybe I get different results.

The first time i did it; it didn’t worked because I had to add 2 minus signs on 2 lines. I had only done it for the first. Pehaps post your file to discord so we can have a look or printscreen it here. Sorry you are having troubles.

Turns out I had mistakenly broken the xml syntax with my fat fingers while doing the fix; result: unreadable file ooooopsss… Its fixed now, worked like a charm.

1 Like

I have a question about the rules, specifically about declaring war. The early discussion says all wars must be Holy War unless in the ancient era. But I can’t declare Holy War until the Renaissance, when I discover Diplomatic Service (it may be different for another civ). Since we’re now out of the ancient era, do I really have to wait until the Renaissance to declare war on somebody?

I don’t see any mentions in the rule of wars being able to be declared before Theology… way I interpret it, there are strictly no wars before you have access to holy wars. (also, theology is middle ages, not renaissance, so its not that long :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: some people already have it that I can see)

I too was scratching my head for a couple of turns. I have been very busy sorry. So this following setting is hopefully ticked (see options when you load your turn).

Earlier Wars of Religion
- The Wars of Religion policy is acquired at Theology (instead of Reformed Church) and expires at National Identity (where corps are unlocked)

Source: Steam Community :: DB's Civ VI Gold :: Discussions