SIM CITY 7: 7 seas, 7 seats, BBG 5.1, BBS, online, 1tpd, draft (bfedeb7a)

So does getting double teamed mean I won the SIM CITY part of the game? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

certainly top 3

its 2 v 2 though

Yeah, not really, Portugal is not really involved in the conflictā€¦ I just thankfully managed to get myself a military ally. Iā€™m getting attacked from both sides here, if any other civs wish to help and stop Spainā€™s easy path to victory they would be welcome. If the others can give me gold or attack or hurt Spain somehow I think that would be wiseā€¦ I donā€™t know why Japan is helping Spain to win the game, seems like a dumb move to me.

I was always fairly confident of defending vs Japan but Spain are much stronger, I donā€™t think I can match them and defending two fronts clearly makes it even more difficult. This is the game guys, I urge you all to get involved at some level. Donā€™t just sit back and watch Spain win!

Sighā€¦ I was having such a nice, enjoyable sim city gameā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Portugal is not really involved in the conflict

Iā€™ll find a way to make it happenā€¦

Japan rather would call to the world to send gold to THEM and not the Cree in order to organize a fair redistribution of the artistic potential of the World Wonders hoarded by the Cree.
(All jokes aside itā€™s fair for you to ask for allies but itā€™ll be tough given the distance/geography between players - also I havenā€™t looked at military numbers just yet but I thought you had a fair chance to stall Spainā€™s land army)

The first line in the game details is ā€œWar is encouragedā€ so I donā€™t see why Iā€™d let the simming last forever! But youā€™re probably not alone to have felt like this would be a peaceful game (e.g not a single Great General point was generated until I started making my moves towards you).
Truth be told itā€™s probably my knee-jerk reaction to figuring out I kinda should have went for 12 cities like everyone rather than 8, with all the space the map hasā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, didnā€™t expect the simming to last forever but this kind of action does seem a just a little premature to meā€¦ Lotā€™s of other players having strong games tooā€¦ Swedenā€™s tourism also starting to kick off here, are you sure you want to kill me Spain? Iā€™m the strongest defender to their culture victory, canā€™t build my culture buildings to defend Swedenā€™s tourism if Iā€™m building units to defend your military.

Seems Iā€™m actually defending 3 fronts, just one is peaceful tourism lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Spain are ahead in tech and I strongly suspect they will eventually make that count, if I am elsewhere distractedā€¦ Maybe even if Iā€™m not.

what land army lol

Looks like you have enough there to kill my culture CS thatā€™s between usā€¦ Which is gonna help Sweden gain more touristsā€¦

But yeah, your armadas are a bit scarier atm.

1 Like

i am very strong at sea in fairness

hi @petrojbl1 !

I appreciate your right to attack me (even though weā€™ve been allies up until 1 turn ago! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

However, according to the game rules (the first one actually), surprise wars are not allowed in this game. You have to denounce first:

**No suprise wars** past the Ancient era, unless your civ specifically has a bonus towards surprise wars. (So you have to denounse before declaring war, unless it is the Ancient era or you are Persia)

Iā€™d like to request a 6 turn moratorium on attacking: 5 turns for the normal period youā€™d have to wait to denounce + 1 turn because you already illegally killed my musket man which I will need to rebuild.

This would mean exiting my territory (without pillaging) and then not re-entering or making ranged attacks until turn 97

is that agreeable?

Fair enough. Iā€™m in too many games to remember these specific rules. Why donā€™t you revert the turn, Kapshul can also revert, and then replay my turn just with a denounce. Seem reasonable?

that is more than fair to me

I just reverted

see you in 5 turns I guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had forgotten about this rule tooā€¦ Spain declared a surprise war on me the turn our alliance finished alsoā€¦ This was a few turns ago now, so I donā€™t want to ask for a revertā€¦ Maybe @andrewsmart48 should not be allowed to attack my units or cities for 5 turns from now?? And vice versa ofc.

Annoyingly this also gives Japan a military alliance buff fighting myself and Portugal, I donā€™t know how we could solve this.

you declared on my other ally in fairness

That was not a surprise war, I used a CB, and you werenā€™t allies at the time either.

we were just not military,

did portugal wait to join you against japan?

Well, thatā€™s not against any rules.

someone can make a judgment but i donā€™t think the rules were designed to stop you defending an ally for 5 turns.