Race for the Heavens (344c0f05)

no he is on the Game Mechanics Stream al the time.

Yeah that was kind of the idea: who can optimise their build. Iā€™m not in love with Australiaā€™s limited terrain and to an extent I wish I had held onto those Spanish cities, but itā€™s all in the game. Iā€™m expecting a Russian win one way or another (huge pop, huge economy, probably ridiculous faith output).

Babylonian scholars wish to study the effects of your offered hand of friendship on things such asā€¦the possible need for a religious inquisition, for example. Itā€™s a no for now.

i promise no religious units

Are you russian to get to space?

1 Like

Uri Gagarin it

1 Like

Now Iā€™m wondering if I shouldā€™ve piled on as much science as possible. Because I only get 50%, Iā€™ve relied solely on the inspiration = tech bonus, and have very little science infrastructure. Maybe not a winning approach, even if you are only reaching parity nowā€¦

Yeah, unless you have a strong espionage gameā€¦

I didnā€™t realise there was a timer in this game. I put myself on vacation mode, then played my turn, only to find the turn had already moved on.

No biggie, itā€™s just one turn. Iā€™ll be away a few days. Guess I better turn vacation mode off!

Edit: it would appear Korea is on permanent vacation? Turn advanced right through them.

vacation mode no makes the ai play your turn

timer or not

does make the AI play your turn or ā€œno makesā€?

Furs for sale! Come and get your luxury furs, make your women (half your people!) happy!

All reasonable offers considered.

(This game has been interesting, with the restrictions on war and only two victory options enabled. Really not sure how itā€™ll turn outā€“or why Russia, with its ridiculous faith, isnā€™t pursuing a religious victory.)

religion is war. Maybee i will need to have a look

That would probably speed things up. Though you seem to be speeding along towards a science win no bother.

Given this is one of the ā€œgood reasonsā€ for war stipulated at the start, and religion is only one of two victory types enabled, Iā€™d assumed religious conversion was fineā€“the catch is, once you start, other players can go to war with you because of it, if they want to.

Does that seem right?

(I think declaring war should be an option even if you have apostles.)

I think there should at least be an attempt to resolve the issue diplomatically prior to declaration of war. That is, if the offended player can scrounge up 30 diplo favour to request a cessation of proselytisation but the offender refuses to respect that request, then by all means let loose the dogs of war!

Just FYI I gave @_Fhtagn a nudge as I see the turn is 10 days old. sorry, Iā€™m not tracking it closely.

Heā€™s had some computer issues and is still waiting on parts, so it may be a few days yet!

Thanks Onan. Iā€™ve sensed an emptiness but been unable to place why and now I know: itā€™s this game!

I now have a working computer again, and will proceed to take my turn shortly.

1 Like