Race for the Heavens (344c0f05)

great news

@Sledge_Poteet just wondering how long your vacation is? (And where you are :slight_smile: )

mid jan

Iā€™m in Montreal. Back in mid January. Sorry! I had to return my MacbookPro to work and they gave me a MacBook Air for the duration, which isnā€™t grunty enough to load Civ VI. Will have to wait until Iā€™m back home and in front of my main machine.

Iā€™d be happy to skip a turn, or hand it to the AI, if someone would tell me how!

i am happy to wait.

Good to see the world in motion again.

@_Fhtagn, Babylonian traders have proposed a swap of excess luxury resources to make both our peoples happy. (I know these can be easy to miss / close / decline unintentionally.)

Also of noteā€¦Russia has aluminumā€¦and a raging science output. Eyes on the heavens!

@andrewsmart48 Hey if I loan you Perth for a while, would you be a pal and build it a Flood Barrier so it doesnā€™t sink?

sure

1 Like

Great! If you would take as payment the gold, culture, and science that the city yields while you build it, that would work for me.

1 Like

NO PROBLEM

Hey, well, we knew it was coming, but I just noticed youā€™ve already completed step one for the space race victory.

As much as I like my civ, with size 25+ Babylon, thereā€™s nothing we can do to compete with that. Korea may convert to Shintoism, but thereā€™s no way Iā€™d convert Russia, with her prodigious faith. (How many cities in Russia, btw? I just also noticed how big your raw score isā€¦and without satellites, much of our vast world remains unexplored, despite our learning in other areas.)

Iā€™m happy to call this game here if others also want to concede the win to Andrew? :trophy: :fireworks: :1st_place_medal:

Yeah iā€™m convinced that Russia is indeed the Civ to choose if you want to have a peaceful victory. But Andrew if you want to see how fast you can get that ship launched, Australia will lend a hand.

aww let me finish wont be long.

got a good dozen cities maybe more

Iā€™ll stick around. Since Iā€™m hosting itā€™s the least I can do.

Iā€™m fine to play it out, too. You know, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever played through a full space race victory in Civ 6. Once I got hooked on MP, SP doesnā€™t really do it for me anymore. Looks interesting though, different steps at least.

Cheers guys. Might only be a dozen turns

That should only take a couple months. :laughing:

2 Likes

In case I forget closer to the time, Iā€™ll be away from the 16-24 April, without turn/computer access.

chld87stv / Indonesia, consider this formal notice that your sustained attempts at religious conversion of our cities is unwelcome and meets the criteria for a ā€œGoodā€ war in this constrained game:

• religion: theyā€™re converting my cities when I asked them not to, and I donā€™t have the faith to purchase apostles for defence. My military will expel these heretics!

Iā€™m not sure my military will be happy stopping at our borders, to be honest!

(That is, if youā€™re even on this thread or boards! Thanks for subbing, by the way!)

1 Like