Onan's game! (04a2043f)

Thank you, Dennis!

There is about a 7 hour window from now to get a couple turns in, if they come back round to me quick enough!

I’m up early and passing the time on the computer. Probably some WoT Blitz, been a wee while since I had a session. What other games do you all play? Other recent favourites have been online bullet chess (Lichess) and XCOM 2, basic game. My laptop was new to me in 2018–was a refurbished one so already second hand then! One of these days I might get a decent desktop again.

The newer xcom games are some of my favourites. I recently got xcom2 with the war of the chosen expansion on pc. I got a lot of voice packs mods and run around with characters from Buffy, Ghostbusters and many others.
I previously played xcom and xcom 2 on PlayStation so I’m having a lot of fun with finally being able to use mods.

I’m currently playing Metroid Dread on the Switch. I love that type of exploration game.

I’m finally able to play some board games with my closest friends again. At least we’ve decided it’s safe enough to meet up and play. I recently fell in love with a game called Inis where you wrestle back and forth to become the king. The artwork is beautiful!

Also I’ve played a push your luck board game called The Quacks of Quedlinburg where you’re a Quack trying to make and sell potions without them blowing up in your face. It’s lovely!

1 Like

Could be good timing, it was about this time yesterday @francisco.santanna played his turn…

The Contested Lands Showdown is heating up, with the American operation of Norse containment well under way. Francisco, are you okay if I post narrow screenshots of the unfolding drama? Actually, both Cree and the Poles have had observers checking things out recently!

Good stuff. I’ve never played settler chess before, but I’m relishing the opportunity. Harald will have to decide if he is prepared for a hot war to breach the American lines, or will temper his greed and return to a more friendly course, especially after the very fresh in American’s minds Ohio River Incident!

Note: there is space down the coast–a natural spot for Vikings!

I just hit 50 this year and am only recently embracing my inner nerd. I have four kids and have started dungeon-mastering a starter campaign for them, but it’s been a stop-start sputtering start, as I don’t know the game well, having only played some as a kid, as a character. I can see it becoming a great family past-time. Games are a great way to pass the time in lockdown!

That sounds fun! Is it dungeons and dragons?

My kids are still too young to play the kind of games I enjoy. My oldest is 6 and is learning to read. Since most of my board games are in English it will be 2-3 years until she can read text on cards and such. The whole family play some kid friendly games that the 3 year old can enjoy and we have started to introduce the 6 year old to some games that are fun for us parents as well.

I’m getting ready to take my turn as well. :smiley:

Yes.

One at that age we really enjoyed is called Pirate Attack or Attaque. Very simple and straightforward card game where you try to complete a ship first without getting robbed by pirates.

We’ve recently discovered the D&D card game Dungeon Mayhem I think it’s called. FFA last one standing battle to the death. We got an the first expansion and now the whole family can play. Plus the kids started multi-classing two or three characters each in 1v1 or 1v1v1 games.

It’s great how it fires their, and our, imaginations!

We’re a sad pair, aren’t we? :joy:

1 Like

Play your damn turn is a really good name for this service. Now play your damn turn! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Loading it up…had started back into my SP game…still learning the game, really. It’s quite magnificent, isn’t it? Before I was just overwhelmed.

Yeah, there’s a lot about this game I really like. Multiplayer is quite a different experience from singleplayer. I can’t really play SP nowadays because it’s not really the game I wanna play. The AI is a bit too limited for my taste and gets too many early bonuses on higher difficulty.

That was a quick turn for me! Two deals offered at once! Everyone likes the look of my jade, huh? When I get the second one connected, I can offer it up. Not now, too soon. I have other proposals for each of you, though. :cowboy_hat_face:

Yeah, as I was saying (maybe here, maybe elsewhere, but it’s the right analogy imho): playing SP is like necrophilia. There’s just nothing about it that turns me on!

Holy crap, it’s already back to @francisco.santanna!!!

Edit: wait, no, that was the web version and needed a refresh. :laughing:

haha, not quite yet but I’m remaining hopeful it will be his time shortly. ONE MORE TURN! ONE MORE TURN! :laughing:

1 Like

Did you ever play live MP? This was where I caught the bug, in Civ3, playing “ladder” games on the league website, tournaments, all of it. Gamespy, clans chat rooms. It was really good fun, and can actually get your pulse pounding at times, which I usually only experience occasionally in action games. That was…around 2003. I still remember a particular tournament game I was playing as Carthage, where an enemy unit happened on my…was it a Nubian mercernary? Anyway, a beast of the ancient world. 2 attack 3 defense or something like that. The other guy was like, “Uh…ohhhhh!” :smiley:

Now it really is back to contasospam, @francisco.santanna !

Must be a record for this game.

To top it off, I just took my last dose of steroids, this time without food. Waiting for the rush! :scream:

Steroids you say? I think that’s a bannable offence in the civ community. :joy:

Honestly, I couldn’t deal with my SP game. This is totally a WoT Blitz kinda buzz!!

Pretty sure it’s a luxury good… :star_struck:

Haha!
Ooh, it’s your turn again. Do you have the time for another turn?