Onan's game! (04a2043f)

Yeah, hi there. I can’t imagine any way this interaction could go badly.

I’ll have to keep a close eye on any treaties you offer to sign with me…

Yeah…I was trying to avoid those jokes. But I understand.

What can I say? It’s a new world, and our destiny is not manifest?

So, what do these delegations achieve? Do they just put us on friendly terms? I thought I might see your capitals…but maybe that comes later with an embassy.

Someone mentioned barbs before. I think I could see at least ten last turn. And I know there are more in the fog. I guess no CS gives them a lot of space!

You get one level higher diplomatic visibility and when you send a delegation you gift the other player a sum of gold (25 gold on normal and maybe on all other speeds as well).

Yes, barbarians are coming. I am trying to crank out a few units to take out the approaching hoard of barbarians I spied close to my borders. City States are often pretty good at keeping them somewhat at bay. There’s also a LOT of fog of war now where they can spawn. I’m just glad they aren’t deity level barbs.

America is first to meet all civs I guess. I just found a scout. Nice to meet you! Be careful. There are barbarians on the prowl in the vicinity of your scout.

Nice…haven’t seen it yet in game, but greetings to Poland in advance.

That scout has been avoiding barbs for, oh, 5-10 turns? They are directing his path. At least I’m still uncovering stuff, but…not what I want to! Also…I realised I made a mistake a couple turns back. Lost a warrior to barbs when he dug in in order to allow a city to settle the next turn. But I think he could’ve retreated and survived, without messing up the city placement. Ah well…his loss has been memorialised.

Glad you like my pin/memorial, Yeti. If you don’t mind, though, let’s not clutter the map with pins admiring pins. :laughing:

Well met, Poland. Thank you for the tempting offer, but we will hold onto our hard earned cash for now.

Hello Norway! Would you be interested in a trade deal?

American cartographers and researchers have noticed that the second Polish city of Gdansk has been settled a mere seven tiles from our capital. A remarkably aggressive move!

Oh and Yeti, I left you a pin to remind you to remove your pin admiring my pin. :laughing:

Oops! Sorry. I haven’t explored further in that direction so I didn’t know. I hope you have room to expand anyway. I settled pretty close to my capital so it’s not like I forward settled really far away. I just didn’t know.

America accepts this explanation, although she is now unable to expand peacefully in that direction. Perhaps a gift is in order?

For future reference, when the settler lens is active, you can see loyalty effects from other empires cities if they are close, and can even infer their distance, should you wish to avoid diplomatic incident in future.

It’s cool you have a Hawaiian volcano in Poland.

Yep, I forgot about that last turn, I’ll get it this turn!

Actually, all good, you’re closer to your cap than mine.

You certainly did. :thinking:

America notes the presence of Polish military units near Gobustan. We request you withdraw these. The lands in this area are claimed by America, and we would view any settlement near them as an act of war.

I had barbarians coming from there only a turn ago. Did you happen upon a barb camp?

There’s a barb camp south of my cap that I’ve just been guarding against so far. It will be cleared fairly soon, after a new city is planted near it. It’s 5-6 tiles from where you troops are.

Congratulations to the people of Norway and Poland, for their newly reorganised governments! Also to Norway for her splendid scientific advancement!

I note also the Polish understanding of “withdraw” is to move those units closer to our borders. Combined with your new government and your sizable military, we seek to clarify your intentions toward us, your nearest neighbours.

I’m just scouting a bit. You had your scout sniffing around by border and I have a slinger and a Warrior scouting near yours in seperate directions. I have no plans of starting a war with a slinger.

This is good. We seek only the fruits of peace.

If your units want some experience fighting barbs, slinger heads south, warrior ESE.