Onan's game! (04a2043f)

Yeah, maybe so. I’m probably just anxious to get going.

Maybe if we know each others bedtimes a bit better then we could try to get our turns done.

Edit: That sounded dirty. Apologies for that.

What timezone are you in? Are you in Oceania somewhere?

Yes, I live in Auckland. Just switched to daylight savings, so we are now GMT+13.

I had the impression you guys are all in Europe? Maybe someone’s in North America.

Ah I see the client actually shows us timezones. That’s cool.

I think I’m the only one in Europe. From what I can tell, Yeti is in the US(?) and judging from the timezone in their profile I think contasospam is somewhere in the Americas too.

Auckland, huh. I love that city state. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lockdown? Have you had a corona outbreak? Didn’t you have around zero percent covid before?

Right so we nearly randomly got an ideal turn order. Only Nightmare Yeti and Count Spam are swapped. Gonna guess Spam is in Brazil?

Yes, we’ve been dealing with a delta outbreak since mid-August, no school or in-person work since then. Strict lockdown is keeping a lid on it but it’s not looking like we will achieve eradication as we did with the initial strain.

Funny about the city state. Looks like we give some good bonuses! lol

I would guess Brazil as well but that’s maybe because one of my best friends is Brazilian.
It’s funny how we have covered almost the entire span of timezones. Luckily we’re often 3 people awake at the same time to take turns unless it’s stuck on the sleeping player.

Ah I see…so from your perspective, maybe this is one of your slower games. :laughing:

Sorry if the Auckland CS joke is tired.
I live in Sweden and my town, Västerås (pronounced kinda like Westeros) is actually in the game. We DO have a great open air museum. :laughing:

1 Like

Nah, I just have no references. This is my first game with strangers. I usually play with a group friends (6-8 players) who all live in Sweden. Sometimes we get a whole turn in the same evening if everyone’s really game and kinda waiting by the computer. But that was more common when we were more in lockdown mode and when the game is really exciting for everyone. Sometimes it’s up to 24h for a player to pass on his turn.

Looks like a nice spot by the water!

Yes, I’m in Rio de Janeiro

Ok, so who snagged the Stonehenge?

You’re right, I’m in the U.S. Midwest. Kansas City.

I’m at my keyboard most of the day because I’m working from home, but my average turn time still sucks. I assume most of the other players are in Europe, so they’re waiting for me to play while I’m sleeping and vice versa.

Ah that was you! For some reason I took you for Yeti.

So, you do read the forums. That’s good. Perhaps you missed our neighbourly greetings above. Note, however, that we did not invite your scout into our lands, and would appreciate you respecting our borders.

As the Vikings have discovered, Stonehenge was built in Washington. :innocent:

Yeti, perhaps you mean the other PYDT players, not in this game? Because our group is fairly well spread out, which is good! This game’s been progressing nicely.

Yeah, I meant PYDT players generally, not specifically this game.

Have to admit, I’m pretty surprised someone else managed to found a religion before / same turn as me, without Stonehenge!

America sends her greetings to our Cree neighbours!