Onan's game! (04a2043f)

Correct. I’ll leave it with you guys.

1 Like

OK, sounds good. Are we all on board with the friendly rules? And then if somebody bails we can discuss adopting the AI rules at that point. Like @J_Dennis said, you shouldn’t be prevented from finishing a conquest just because the other player rage-quit.

Yeah, it sounds good.

We should use our common sense and also not use exploits.

Hmn, I didn’t set a password and I’m not sure I can add one. So hopefully, um, I can trust the Vikings not to snoop around in my “empire”. Shrug.

PYDT automatically sets a password to every other players’ turn except the current player. You shouldn’t be able to take the next players’ turn.

Ah, that’s cool, didn’t know that! Should be fine then, there’s definitely a password for the next player’s turn.

We are playing without city states. Are we also playing without natural wonders? It kinda looks that way in the options.

No, there are natural wonders.

1 Like

Ah, i guess i misread. The options probably meant there are no natural wonders in the pool because we play with everyone available.

There aren’t any other deviations from “standard” setup than the ban of city states?

Um, just the no AI players, as mentioned. Otherwise nothing changed.

The early game is painful sometimes. Just watching the countdown of turns until the unit is produced. Not much to do except trying to plan out my cities. All that will probably change as the fog lifts and better options become available.

Anyone else got barb problems?

Planning, huh, that’s a good idea. :sweat_smile:

Barb camp sighted; not a problem, yet.

I don’t have barb problems, I have isolation problems. I’ve got a civ with trading bonuses, but I have yet to meet a single other city-state. I got a bonus trader when I researched pottery, and then I got a second trader from a friendly village, so now I’ve got two traders sitting idle in my capital with nowhere to go! :frowning:

Um, you won’t find any, because there aren’t any–no AI either.

You’re going to need to find a human. :grimacing:

You just get a trader I presume and not an extra trade route from the village? That means you probably have the second trader just hanging around anyways for a handful of turns or more until you get to foreign trade.

Come find me, I’m Poland and wants to trade too!

Oh, duh! I did know that, city-states are just so ubiquitous in the game that I still expected to run into one.

America sends greetings to her Viking neighbours!

It seems like we always manage to pass the turn to the next player just as that player just has gone to sleep, don’t you think?

Should we see if we can try to get some turns done a bit faster at certain hours when we know a player is gonna go to sleep soon? I don’t know, maybe I should just chill. :sweat_smile:

I know I usually get my turn around midnight to 0:30 (currently on GMT+2 because of summertime). I often stay up a tad to late to try to wait for my turn because I know all of you will probably be able to pass the turn back around to me when I wake up again.

Is there a solution to this? It would mean we could get 0,5-2 more turns in per day. What do you think?

From my perspective, this game is going really quickly. I have another game I started, maybe a bit later, but it’s six player and it’s only up to about turn 5. And I know we’ve had two turns in a single day at least once before.

It’s great when it goes quickly, and sure I’m open to it going faster…however, we’ve been in lockdown for the last seven weeks, so I’ve been home a lot more than usual. In a couple weeks, presuming we’re allowed to go back to work and school, I most likely only be able to get one turn in a day, presuming it’s there in my evening.

I’m not sure how we could optimise it any more than it already is. If anything, the only way to do that seems to be to consider time zones and everyone’s free time before setting up the game, and arranging the player order accordingly. I had been thinking we must’ve lucked into a good order with this game from the start.