Onan's game! (04a2043f)

thank you everyone

1 Like

Hear hear! Please come quash Poland! I’m definitely not just saying that to get you to fight my wars for me!

1 Like

ha ha ha ha that’s very funny. Poor cro-mag, no writing. lol

You’re welcome. I didn’t want you to have hard feelings even though it was your misunderstanding. I think we’ve chosen a good course.

The future of the American and Viking peoples remains unwritten.

(And an alternate righteous warrior Teddy who glad to have a little blood on his hands has his troops on the march, ready to plant our settler and yours, and clear the battlefield, and onward to whatever fates would have met us there!)

I took the Cree for a peaceful people. Traders. I don’t feel so good about all this fearmongering.

1 Like

Well, that was a very different turn. Just the one. Changed from a decisive strike sending us into a war with uncertain outcomes, back to our more peaceful coexistence, even if we’re still wrangling out who gets to settle where on the continent.

Very different build orders, instead of skirmishers, siege towers, and xbows…commercial hub and holy site!

I have annotated the map, as per my…new habit, for these historical events. I think it adds to the depth of the game, when we’re playing slowly like this.

So yeah…I’m pretty much around over the next two weeks. I’ll only hold the turn while sleeping. Other times, I’ll probably be keeping an eye out. Still figuring out my meds. Need a fricking spreadsheet. Will feel better when that’s done! But then fantasy world politics intervened! lol

Hope you’re doing all right. Are you in pain after the operation? Feel like a sneeze is coming on, all the time?

Spreadsheeets? Dosage issues or just a ton of different meds?

Pain has been minimal and managed. To be honest, there’s been a whole nother side to this experience, not corporeal, the opposite, which has been absorbing a lot of my attention. Profound stuff.

Meds:
sinus rinse at least 4-5 times a day…I guess the bottle is probably around 200 mls?
3 pain killer options
prednisone, tapering dose now, the same steroid that made me all hyped up the week before surgery and that made me have insomnia, but also helped set the conditions for the other side of this experience.
antibiotic - doxycycline
sleeping tablet (my favourite!)

And then each have different schedules and frequencies. Spreadsheet started, I need to finish it, I think I may be behind on something…but pain is still minimal. I think it’s going really well.

Maybe more than you wanted to hear!

Nope, I call it S T E R O I D S

Psst, did he just say he’s planning a war against Poland???

Heh heh… heh heh… Who me? I didn’t say anything about a war. It’s just an expression! Poland, we can be friends! Just stop expanding north!

Haha…Ah, it’s nice to see that our continent, east and west, may be more of a mirror than I’d realised!

I have only settled cities thus far that has been closer to my own capital than any one else’s.
I don’t have many more cities to settle.

Lol “many”! Didn’t you just plant like 15 in the last 10 turns?? I mean, you must be buying them with cash, building them with hammers, and maybe recruiting them with faith, too. It’s pretty impressive!

We’ll request open borders soon, so a scout can tour Poland in all its glory!!!

Teddy in our timeline has been touched by the divine intervention which swayed the Viking settlers to align their plans more closely with America’s!!

As a result, he is full of love, and has sent out his ambassadors to all known peoples sharing our world!

I have an open borders agreement with you that is about to expire. We’ll get a new, mutual deal going once that is up.

1 Like

I like your sense of, and use of, humour, Yeti! :laughing:

In all seriousness @J_Dennis , if your recent settlements are not intended as a provocation and you’re open to mutual coexistence, the mighty Cree people would like nothing better than to establish a thriving commercial relationship. Our only condition is that you not settle any farther north than… your one city that starts with a K. I already saved the game, so I can’t see it. Please accept the tribute we have offered in-game as a token of our sincerity.

One must sheath their sword in order to extend the hand of friendship… is maybe a Cree saying? I don’t know. But you get the gist.

1 Like

Yeah, we get the gist.

“Please don’t kill me.” :sweat_smile:

Any action around the North Pole and between Cree and Vikings? Or do you guys have a nice cozy land barrier too?