Epic Civilization V Comp Stomp (13cb392f)

Every time I try to load my turn in this game, my game crashes. I thought it was just me at first, but then another turn of mine loaded just fine. So I’m reverting this to see if it helps.

This has happened before in other Civ 5 games. Basically it is very slow to load the save. My last turn crashed twice before working on the third attempt. It needs to be run through the unbloat mod I believe. I never used it but it seems to be what others have used in the past.

Man, the reason why it took me so long was cause I kept trying. I tried it like ten times. I’d try it a bunch, figure it was my computer, try again later…

I’ve been having the same problem. I’ve been verifying the local files, finding that 3-6 files somehow fail and replaced by Steam. Annoying! I can only surmise how 3-6 files are corrupted. Civ 5 also kind of hangs when I try to stop the game thru the Steam library showing “stopping.”

Hi all, I reverted the turn for the same issue we have already discussed.
I have Subscribed to the MOD I linked in the chat here and I believe it just runs after this?

here are the instructions
'Mod replaces Civ5 DLL and fixes save file bloating bug.

Can be used with Custom Advanced Setup Screen MOD to repair bloated Save File in PBEM games (including GMR). Just go to Mods, enable these two mods and load bloated save file. Perform turn and save or just save immediately. Saved file will be unbloated.’

There was only one MOD shown, so I expect once I can actually open my turn after this, save it, the game should be fixed…
Will see!

Cool. Yeah I haven’t looked into that, but as long as you can get it to work and fix the issue for all of us then yay, solved.

Ok, I add the MOD. It is enough? Click to Subscribe, then go to MODS and wait for downloading?

Yeah, not working for me.
I downloaded the file manually after a few more failed attempts and I can see the file size for this game is at around 4700 kb, and all the others in the list are around 700kb so it is bloated.

I will revert it again but if Michaqel can not get it working either than he needs to revert too and let one of you other guys have a go at fixing it.

I can open the file. I installed the MOD then I played my turn. I don’t know if is the file ok or not. My saving time was longer then in other turns. Maybe I do something wrong, I don’t know. Try play SinglePlayer game with it?

Hi, my file have 4,7 Mb too, so I am going revert it to back…

No worries. If none of us get it working we might need to seek help on the forums…

Ok, after turn by matt_lambert is file still on 4,67 MB. What I can do? I think am able open the file, but you will have problem with it.

Not sure, I will put up a post on PYDT when I get a chance during the week and see if I can figure it out.

damn, it’s really ballooning out of control.

Had some issues with my other game too. WHy is it suddenly Civ V is having all these issues?

It’s a old game? DId they never bother to fix this stuff???

I have been able to play my turn (just luck) and I’m hoping the software fixed it, but not likely.

It is not very clearly written:

Can be used with Custom Advanced Setup Screen MOD to repair bloated Save File in PBEM games (including GMR). Just go to Mods, enable these two mods and load bloated save file. Perform turn and save or just save immediately. Saved file will be unbloated.’

So ‘Can’ be used with this other MOD… does that mean you don’t need to?
If it is still bloated by my next round I will try and find this other MOD.
Will see what happens.

FIXED! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The ‘Unbloat’ software worked and you should all notice the game should be quicker to save in future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good job, thank you very much.

Yes it is fixed.

I downloaded the thing on my turn and ran it. It should have already been unbloated when it got to you.

You’re welcome.