8 Seats Invitational, No AI's, Std Speed, BBG (dcaeb351)

If I’m not wrong @Bliss began the war vs England in the very early game. And he is doing pretty good in this game, I don’t know why did he quit. I think it’s pretty late to look for a sub because he has lost one of the other games, and he has a lost position in the last one.
So, in this game, does he have also a lost position? because if his position is pretty decent and this was a “rage quit” we should apply this rule:
-If for some reason we have a mid or late game leaver or slow player first of all we are going to do everything possible to find a replacement, if we can’t find a replacement cities from this player now controlled by the AI can be razed but must not be taken. Any kind of trades with the AI is going to be prohibited.
But if he left the game because it’s just matter of time to be conquered we can leave the players to finish taking his cities.
Plase @chaldean33 and @our_witchcult_grows tell us (as you have the best perspective) of how the game is gonna evolve?
1.- should u destroy his cities. (because you consider this a “rage quit”)
2.- you can take his cities (because he has a lost position)

Thanks.

he lost his captial

how many cities left?

I have 2 cities left and hordes of Hungary units coming + England of course.

On the story, again for the history. England was scouting with a worker on my borders, so I took it… He then started sending unit after unit over a mountainous region one by one…to do what no-one knows…but in any case you can argue I should not have taken the worker scout…

The situation with Hungary was difficult. Three and at the end four as they flipped mine as well big city states to have units from. Hungary’s closest city is like 25 tiles away with empty land in between, land to settle 15 cities, yet they spend the whole game send hordes of units to me, instead of settling the land or fighting England that are next door or the host Perro who is also near to them.

Not sure why, but I guess England are friends with Hungary…

Anyway gg.

2 Likes

No we aren’t friends with England its a lie :slight_smile:

To settle cities as a Hunguary is a pretty stupid (imho) strat because of free levied units
Fight England - what? We have no borders and Babylon is the closest civ with wide border and also Babylon is surrounded by CCs with free levied units
also Babylon didn’t build any good army or Encampments / Walls on that wide border

My corner city was on a hill with walls and a fortified man of arms, yet it went down in 2 turns. My other city had no walls and was on flat land but I had vision and could see only one man of arms in range t reach it. Yet, four showed up razed it and even moved passed it. Not sure how you did that, must be something that gives 3+ moves that I not aware of.

hungary levied units have +1 movement :slight_smile:

There you go… Lesson learned with Hungary in the game…

FYI, proposals for congress in this turn.

Hello @chaldean33 , I hope u r enjoying ur vacations, do u have a date for coming back?

Just got back last night! Sorry there’s no internet in the wilderness…

Hi all, I’ll be on tour again for about 10 days (not uncommon for me in the summer), so I’ll likely be slower than usual but hopefully will be able to manage turns periodically!

1 Like

asking here for the three games here.
should I add MPH mod to avoid the exploit discussed in PYDT discord server or not?
Please vote on it until my next turn and I will add it if you want.
You can disable this mod after subscribing to it through Steam, and it doesn’t affect any other games you have. and it also doesn’t affect this game apart from forbidding the exploit.

• Add MPH
  • No MPH
  • Either is fine. I follow majority.

0 voters

I dont know anything about mph, can u add a link to the discussion to see what is it about?

Queen Dido is joining queen’s Victoria defense of her nation, we can’t let our allies fall down and be conquered by the Hungary empire. We thought that once that Gilgamesh was defeated the menace for England has ended, but has not, it has just transformed now into Hungary.

Traitor! In the name of Victor Orban you will be defeated!

We are no traitors, we were having a neutral and peaceful relation with Hungary until he invaded our friends within the borders of the kingdom of queen Victoria.

Matthias Corvinus king of Hungary, war is upon our doors, people’s life is precious, no one else should die, here we are to end this war by pacific ways.
We were not going to allow our allied queen Victoria to fall, that’s why we joined this war. We are open to make peace if we can agree on these terms:

• The red line is gonna be the border to separate cities from England and Hungary.
  • No troops from England will cross the border toward the north, and no troops from Hungary are going to cross the border toward the south to prevent a future war.
  • Lands north of the red line will be for the king Matthias where he will continue to raise his empire without being molested. These lands represent 2/3 of the total fertile and available lands of this continent.
  • Queen Victoria will receive back all of her cities and also cities that used to be of Gilgamesh that are below the red line.
  • Lands below the red border will belong to England and they are not gonna be taken by Hungary or by Phoenicia.
  • Szeged, Kolozsvar, Debrecen and Pecs will continue to belong to queen’s Dido empire.
  • King Matthias will preserve the suzerainty of Kumasi, Valleta, Chinguetti and Antanarivo and they will not be contested with envoys, conquered or destroyed by any of us.
  • Queen Dido will preserve the suzerainty of Bologna and it will not be contested with envoys, conquered or destroyed by any of us.
  • We are committed to have peace among the three of us for the rest of this game.

Hungary should remember and be ashamed that their horses and warriors walked over the crops of England and killed its people without mercy. These things will be mended by this agreement and we expect that will be overshadowed by peace and prosperity for our nations.

We sincerely hope that you accept this fair deal.

gg