4v4! BBG, BBS, 1x turn/day, draft: Pangea (72c9825c)

Team 2 final ban is Chandragupta from India.

Our first pick of round 2 is Cleaopatra (Egyptian), the old one.

Team 1 picks Pachacuti (Inca) for Round 2.

Team 1 picks Cyrus (Persia)

Team 2 picks Trajan.

Ok folks!!! The draft is complete! :fire:

According to pick order, the teams are as follows:

Team 1

• Coppercloud - Poundmaker (Cree)
  • HappyCamper - Hojo Tokimune (Japan)
  • Ashurbanipal - Pachacuti (Inca)
  • Maximilian - Cyrus (Persia)

Team 2

• CEO of Spearfighting - Alexander (Macedonia)
  • Petrojbl - Amanitore (Nubia)
  • Adi - Cleaopatra (Egyptian)
  • danlmartins - Trajan (Rome)

Do any players wish to swap leaders with each other (within their team only) before we start the game?

Yes. Hereā€™s our team:

Team 2

• CEO of Spearfighting - Alexander (Macedonia)
  • Petrojbl - Trajan (Rome)
  • Adi - Amanitore (Nubia)
  • danlmartins - Cleaopatra (Egyptian)

@Coppercloud will you arrange the players in an order according to their play times?

I wasnā€™t planning on it (I was just about to create the game using the same player order as we used in the draft), but we can re-arrange the order if everyone agrees it will make a material improvement to the experience and no one has any objections

Iā€™ve not been part of a game where itā€™s been done before, so if you think it will help and also know a good process to determine the best order, it would be helpful if you could take the lead in organizing that part of the process

I use a spreadsheet where I color the times where people are online, then I try to make a chain of ā€œmomentsā€ where the players will likely play after one another.

1 Like

Valamas made a useful post on this:

https://discourse.playyourdamnturn.com/t/advanced-player-sorting/5255

1 Like

I can make my turns from 11:00 to 01:00 GMT

Iā€™ve private-messaged @Valamas

I will come back to you guys with sort. I have asked the admin for a fresh set of data as there are new players here that are not in my db-set.

2 Likes

1 Copper
2 Dan
1 Happy
2 Petro
1 Ash
2 Adi
1 Max
2 CEO

:crossed_swords:

1 Like

@Valamas thank you so much!

All - I have updated the turn order accordingly, and will create the save game file within the next 24h!

Good luck to both teams!

2 Likes

And weā€™re off! I just created the game

As a reminder, here are the rules for re-maps:

a re-map is automatically granted if any player cannot settle 3 additional cities (Type of housing on the tile does not matter I.e. off water cities do count) within 5 tiles of the tile your starting settler spawns on (must be accessible without crossing water, mountains Including moving around mountains), or other blocking features/terrains)

And here is the rule concerning the ā€œremap tokenā€:

each team also has 1 ā€œremap tokenā€ they can spend to trigger a re-map, but only before the end of turn 3, and only once during the entire best-of-3 series.

Hey everyone. Just to let you guys know, BCY is OFF!

1 Like

Sorry! I just realized we never made a formal decision about BCY. Iā€™ve never played with it on, so it wasnā€™t on my mind

If both teams announce on SmackTalk before the end of turn 3 that they prefer to have it on, letā€™s do a special remap to turn on BCY. Otherwise, letā€™s just play on with it off

I think we should let it be for this game, so no team can use it as a ā€œfreeā€ remap token.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to clarify the City States rules.

Current rules:

1. Each player may capture and keep one city-state. Any further city-state you attack must be razed.
  2. If another player has captured a city-state and that player owns the city, you may capture and keep that city.

I understand the following:

1. each player has a City State token, meaning that they are always allowed to keep 1 city state which they have conquered directly
    AKA if player X conquers a city state, then player Y takes that city state away, player X is allowed to conquer another city state
  2. a conquered city state is no longer considered a city state
    AKA you can keep all city states, as long as you have taken them away from another player

Is that correct?