4v4! BBG, BBS, 1x turn/day, draft: Pangea (72c9825c)

Smack talk goes here for 4v4! BBG, BBS, 1x turn/day, draft: Pangea! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/72c9825c-d2af-490b-9a6e-ca4c9ec3c0cc

Hi! Just curious, why no barbarians?

Hey everyone! It seems like this will be a good game!

Two of my main rivals are here, @adi_4k and @HappyCamper. I’m warring them in two different games each! Will we be foes again, or allied this time around?!

@adi_4k on CPL rules there’s no barbarians on teams matches, I think it is because barbs are somewhat random and can disbalance the game.

@Coppercloud will BCY be on for capitals?

1 Like

hi everyone! our roster is full!! :fire:

As per the game details, teams were decided by the order that plays joind the game: 12212112.

Here they are:

Team 1

• Coppercloud (_coppercloud#1233)
  • HappyCamper (happycamper#2991
  • Ashurbanipal
  • Maximilian (Maximilian#0353)

Team 2

• CEO of Spearfighting (M&T WILL RULE THE WORLD#2347)
  • Petrojbl
  • Adi (adi#4000)
  • danlmartins

I put everyone’s Discord ID that I know of in the game info. Ashurbanipal, Petrojbl, danlmartins, please let me know yours. Once we have those, I’ll ask the PYDT admins to create a channel for each team and we’ll be off to the races!

@danlmartins

• Yes, you are correct. That is why. I’m used to seeing barbs on for FFA and off for 4v4 for that reason, so I just went with the practice
  • I wasn’t planning on BCY. But we can turn it on if everyone agrees. Just let me know
1 Like

I vote for capital only BCY!
discord: danmartins#1655

Discord: Crane#2643

petrojbl #1576

I don’t think we need a channel for each team, especially as it would need to be private.

• We can just add each other as friends on Discord, then one of team A creates a private group chat with his team-mates and one of team B does the same with his team-mates.
  • And if we use the Smack Talk for public communication, we don’t need any channel at all.

From what I see in Advanced Settings, these are the BCY options:

1. OFF - Standard
  2. ON - Standard (which is the same as OFF)
  3. ON - No RNG
  4. ON - Maximum
  5. Capital Only - Standard
  6. Capital Only - No RNG
  7. Capital Only - Maximum

@danlmartins, which one of those do you prefer and why?

Here’s the legend:

• Standard:

• No RNG

• Maximum

I’m a Discord novice. Can people be added/removed from the group if someone needs a sub later in the game?

People can be added/removed freely in both cases (The “Civ6 Cloud & PYDT Discord” that we already used for the previous round, or an informal group like Adi suggested).
The “main” drawback of private groups are that they’re capped at 10 members but that’s not an issue here.

Everyone can join this discord channel:

then we create a chat for the game.

@adi_4k I like to play with Capital Only, Maximum. This way every capital will be a +2+2 if hills tile, or +3+1 if flat tile. If there’s a luxury resource, say tobacco, it’ll also give you faith because it’s Maximum.
I think it balances the game, as most people now can have a good settle on turn 1.

I recommend private group chats instead of Discord channels for inside-team talk because

• discord channels are not private unless the admin works a lot to set permissions, which no admin does with pleasure
  • you can easily remove and add people from private group chats, a lot easier than from/in private discord channels

Discord channels are good for public communication (FFA or team-to-team), but we already have this smack talk, so why spam a Discord server when we can talk here?

Ok, let’s try this informal way that Adi suggested

@HappyCamper @Ashurbanpial @Maximilian I sent you all discord friend requests so we can make a Team 1 group chat

Team 2, let us know when you’ve made contact on discord

Once both teams are connected we can start the draft!!

1 Like

We are ready :wink:

Sent requests.

Team 1 is ready!

Ok everyone! We’re all in contact! Let the next phase commence!

According to the process (see the game description), the next step is:

BAN PHASE 1: The first 4 players (1221), in the order that they joined, may each ban 1 civ

This means that the next steps is for the following 4 people, in the following order, to announce their bans:

1. Coppercloud (Team 1)
  2. CEO of Spearfighting (Team 2)
  3. Petrojbl (Team 2)
  4. HappyCamper (Team 1)

I will follow-up shortly with Team 1’s first ban!

regarding autobans:
these are the civs regarded as autoban by CPL. Maybe we should tag along?

Babylon-Hammurabi, Maori-Kupe,Mali-MansaMusa, England-Elizabeth I, Germany-Ludwig II

I know Ludwig was nerfed by BBG 5.3, so I’m not sure this list is updated.
Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Team 1 bans Gilgamesh!

regarding autobans:
these are the civs regarded as autoban by CPL. Maybe we should tag along?

Babylon-Hammurabi, Maori-Kupe,Mali-MansaMusa, England-Elizabeth I, Germany-Ludwig II

I know Ludwig was nerfed by BBG 5.3, so I’m not sure this list is updated.
Does anyone have an opinion on this?