4v4! BBG, BBS, 1x turn/day, draft: Pangea (72c9825c)

Fair enough

this topic was discussed in discord. Documenting the conclusion here for everyoneā€™s visibility.

These is the policy from CPL:

Each player can conquer and keep ONE city state directly.

Additionally, each player can also conquer and keep any former City State(s) that was conquered by a different player on a PREVIOUS turn.

Lastly, there is a special carveout for the Great Merchant Stamford Raffles, who ā€œabsorbsā€ a CS to your civ. This one special case is allowed on top of the above.

Players are not allowed to rename city-states.

So the limit is based on the act of capturing, not how many you hold.

I propose that go with the CPL policy the default. If both teams agree to change it we can change it

1 Like

also, one more topic: in re-reading the CPL rules, I see that CPL remap requests may be made until ā€œbefore turn 10ā€. Ours are defined as ā€œbefore the end of turn 3ā€. (For reference, turn 3 is currently in progress.) I would like to propose that we switch to CPLā€™s policy that re-map requests must be made ā€œbefore turn 10ā€ in order to maximize the chance that everyone has the best playing experience possible. Please let me know if there are any objections.

1 Like

fine for me!

hi all! it looks like Game 1 is successfully under way :smiley:

the plan is to kick off the draft for Game 2 of this best-of-3 series once Game 1 approaches the end of the ancient era

but here is the twist Iā€™ve been saving(!!) Iā€™d like to propose that leaders picked or banned in previous games are AUTOBANNED for the rest of the series

That means that all leaders that were picked or banned in Game 1 are automatically autobanned in Game 2. And if there is a Game 3, then all leaders picked or banned in both Games 1 and Game 2 are autobanned

As a result, we will experience more a more diverse set of civs and strategies over the series

What do you think?

2 Likes

wouldnā€™t we run out of leaders by the third game? :slight_smile:
maybe autoban only the civs weā€™ve played already?

just to be clear about the numbers: there are 68 leaders. So even after the 3rd game, there would be 20 more leaders to draft a 4th game with :smiley:

@danlmartins, no worries, there wonā€™t be a 3rd game :smiley:

1 Like

:skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

Iā€™m on hols this week, so may be a little slow with turns

2 Likes

Enjoy your holidays, mate!
Maybe take some time to mourn the death of your warrior. Itā€™s just too bad he died in vainā€¦ :grin:

Itā€™s fine. Thereā€™s plenty more where he came from. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hi all! FYI Iā€™m going to be traveling internationally june 25-30 and realistically wonā€™t be able to take turns during that whole period

let me know if you feel like I should sub out. Otherwise I will just be in vacation mode during that time and then pick back up as before after the travel

Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Iā€™m fine with waiting a few days, thanks for letting everyone know, @Coppercloud!
Everyone needs a break at some point, we just need to let everyone know beforehand!

1 Like

:+1:

Hey everyone! Just letting you all know that Iā€™m in holidays for the next week and iā€™ll have very little screen time. Still should make a turn per day, but not guaranteed.
Just changing the text a bit so the site doesnā€™t consider it spam.

1 Like

hey guys, everything alright on your side? is @HappyCamper on vacation?

We have not heard from them since the 11th.

hey guys, all good overthere? I noticed @Coppercloud has been playing other games but not this one.
cheers!

I think he just canā€™t play all the turns