10 Seats, No AI's, C&I, Std Spd, BBG, BBS, SS, FFA (rules) (c41e03a9)

I believe we have three options:
1- We wait for @kapshul to fix his computer;
2- We kick him from the game;
3- We insert a timer and the PC will play when the turn is skipped.

Personally, I would go for option 3. Option 1 would be unfair to the other players, and option 2 would be unfair to him.
On the other hand, @kapshul could be a dear and let us know if he plans to get back to the games, how long it would take for that to happen, and / or any info that would help us to decide what to do!

2 Likes

we should wait

he is back in a week

My apologies to @Kapshul,

He posted in another game thread, (that I am in and therefore should have seen), about his laptop a little while ago. I either missed it, or early onset is onsetting me…

2 Likes

For those of us not in the other thread, what was the estimated time to a fix?

1 Like

He has also updated his profile to give 27th.

2 Likes

The laptop is fixed.
Thanks ro waiting.

1 Like

The stated goal at the beginning of this game was 20 moves per day.

So far we have averaged 3.81. And we aren’t suddenly speeding up.

I find it perplexing that a couple of people just completely ignored the part of the game description stating active play as a requirement. I mean, it is starting to feel like some people had zero intention or ability to make two moves per day.

Is it too late to ask for replacements? No hard feelings, but this game is just boring and has not followed the stated rules. :person_shrugging: If need be, I am happy to be the one replaced so you don’t have to deal with my rapid average move time and whiny expectations that others do the same.

From the game description:

"If for some reason we have a mid or late game leaver or slow player first of all we are going to do everything possible to find a replacement, if we can’t find a replacement cities from this player now controlled by the AI can be razed but must not be taken. Any kind of trades with the AI is going to be prohibited.

Well, I think that u r right, we have 3 slow playes, @kapshul . @andrewsmart48 and @MarcoMorais
Is there any particular reason why u r not taking ur turns within the specified time?
I think that @kapshul may have his average turn time higher than expected because he took a lot to take his turn when his laptop broke.

1 Like

I am having a lot of personal issues and they are only going to get worse. If you can replace me in this game i would like that. If not i will do my best of course.

I am reducing my many games as quick as i can which will help.

Right.
Looking to stats: I have only 3 turns longer then 6 hours and 29 less then 1 hour.

2 Likes

yeah, @kapshul is a very fast player. @andrewsmart48 would be as well, but he is in 55 active games!! wow, my woman would kill me every day hahahaha
as for @MarcoMorais he is my friend and his has a problem with his pc where he needs to reinstall the game every time he’ll make a turn. A new HD should arrive this week, but I’m not too sure if he’ll keep on playing.
@MarcoMorais, what do you say?

2 Likes

I think 50 hours without a response tells us everything we need to know :slight_smile:

I will wait until we find a replacement then revert the turn back to them to avoid the ai making a move

Unless we are rolling with the ai? Some clarification would be helpful :slight_smile:

i am ok to keep going and shouldn’t be terrible on delays.

Guys I just noticed that we have a player missing, maybe surrendered because as @danlmartins told us in another game, he was going to retire from the game, I can see that was 10 turns ago, at this moment I can:
1.- Revert the turns to that turn and sub in another player. (in this option I’m pretty sure that I already have the replacement).
2.- We can continue the game as is and stick to this rule “If for some reason we have a mid or late game leaver or slow player first of all we are going to do everything possible to find a replacement, if we can’t find a replacement cities from this player now controlled by the AI can be razed but must not be taken. Any kind of trades with the AI is going to be prohibited.”

Can you please tell me what do you think?

Sorry, I have zero interest in a ten turn revert. We should just destroy the AI.

He quit the game 19 days ago