Valamas' Always War Mode "Lakes and Choke Points" (e2110bad)

Welp, I managed to activate Julius, but I still can’t load the game for some reason I’m unable to identify. Thoughts?

Weird, doesn’t show any missing mods.
Perhaps check each one definitely is subscribed.
Try a profile with no mods loaded, especially game-play mods.

Fantastical Map Script is cosmetic only. You could try subscribing to that.
Steam Workshop::Fantastical Map Script

HA! Found it! It was Strategic forts.

Yes, that has come up before. Somehow the blue overrides red. Good one Firaxis. I have added that to the description of this game for future games.

I would like to add a rule if there are no objections.
No passing on Great People, you must recruit.

Object. If I am the only one, I don’t mind being overridden. But I hate that compulsion.

Object, I don’t like that one either. Some great people do not benefit at all.

Would make no difference for me, but i’m against changing rules after game has been started.

I’m fine with or without this rule.

Though it made me wonder… Does anyone know what happens when everyone passes on a specific Great Person? Does it get discarded? Or are all GP of that type blocked for the rest of the game?

I believe the last one has to take it. Not sure what happens if they just ignore it though.

Can you link the “better balanced starts” mod as there is many with the same name?

The great person gets stuck until the last player takes it. Say great merchant and I never accrue GM points. I would be the player holding up GMs for everyone. That was the reason for the proposal.

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

It should be this one.

Cool, got it working now!

I have an error before even loading my game.

“No human players” - took a screenshot. So I am reverting the turn to see if that fixes. Sorry @YogSothoth

I guess that’ll just be the risk people take when passing on a GP, then?

that is the risk, and you wont know it because you wont see other player’s points because of the game settings

And we’re off! Have fun killing each other, everyone!

1 Like

@harre: Did you announce a holiday somewhere and i didnt’t read that? If yes, i’m sorry that i’m annoying here; If not, it would be about time to play (finally) your turn tonight. :wink: