Valamas' Always War Mode "Lakes and Choke Points" (e2110bad)

Smack talk goes here for Valamas’ Always War Mode! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/e2110bad-1889-42c6-b2ab-1b6a803a71c8

Sample Map

You plan to play with the above listed civs and a ban would take out one of them for another one from your list, right?

any bans will be topped up from the master randomised list as stated

Please cast any vetoes

Ban Babylon

No vetoes from me.

No bans here either

Ban Macedonia

Neither of those civs are in the list, which is in the game description.

Sorry - I wasn’t careful. Ban France.

Ban Norway

Gandhi (India)
Robert The Bruce (Scotland)
Julius Caesar (Rome)

now added on to the list (and Julius because there were 2 Victorias. I eliminated by coin toss)
ScreenShot092

Since the 11th player just joined, I have now added Wilfrid Laurier (Canada) to the CIV LIST.

Once the vetoes are complete, you will be assigned a civ randomly.

Anymore vetoes?

[Chandragupta (India) was next on the list, but no dup civs)]

Adding Canada throws a small wrinkle in the game rules. You can’t declare war on Canada on the turn you meet them, you have to denounce and then declare war 5 turns later. Same with Canada not being able to declare war on others. Plus, Canada can’t attack city-states (I think?) so they are at a slight disadvantage.

Out - Wilfrid Laurier (Canada)
In - Nader Shah (Persia)

1 Like

I have decided on MAX City states to help even out the spread of players.

Player assignments

Kublai Khan (Mongolia)
Victoria (Age of Empire) (England)
Lady Six Sky (Maya)
Robert The Bruce (Scotland)
Ludwig II (Germany)
Gandhi (India)
Amanitore (Nubia)
John Curtin (Australia)
Nader Shah (Persia)
Julius Caesar (Rome)
Teddy Roosevelt (Bull Moose) (America)

Umm, re-roll. I will have my wife check other players first turns. If anyone reaches their second turn and they are in a similar situation, I will re-roll the game.

With the settings of “newest” for world age, we should expect this to happen quite a bit. I started a game with newest once and it took about 40 re-rolls for all 3 human players to not get a start that looked like this.

So I discovered today that I never got the Julius Caesar pack. I’ve done some playing around with my 2K account and will hopefully sort it out. If I haven’t fixed it in a day or two I’ll let you know and withdraw.