There can be only One (more)! (1b30a07d)

@J_Dennis Worried you won’t be able to slaughter his units, you mean? Your military score is fierce!

This is very funny. Nice try.

Yes, I’m sure you’re trembling in your boots. :smirk:

Are you getting warriors in your free unit waves or war-carts? I only got 4 warriors so I was worried about the wave of incoming carts for sure,

Ah, I had thought you would get chariots, because I got the carts. This should explain my caution when testing your defenses…I expected there to be five chariots waiting behind the initial lines ready to punish any intruders. I see perhaps my “invasion” might possibly have had more success, but it was never really an all out war, raiders at best who would turn tail at the least resistance. They have each returned home with a piece of your builder to enjoy a feast and laugh at the stars!! Bloody orcs! :japanese_goblin::japanese_ogre::ghost:

You must have deleted that builder, right? It wouldn’t have been able to run away.

Yeah we killed him and stowed him in the cart for eats later. We knew he didn’t have a chance of surviving the trip home…we do all get so hungry!

Savages!

Orcs! :man_shrugging: :japanese_ogre: :innocent:

@_Fhtagn nice outpost! You got that up early. Now, I have to guess that all those juicy tile yields that show as a result of your outer walls don’t actually contribute to your empire, since there are no citizens there to work them? Just curious how it works…they look so rich, but if you could “claim” them, so to speak, then everyone would build outer walls all over the place because it would supercharge your empire/city!

Gilgamesh wonders how much of his people’s blood the Khmer ruler will expend in some attempt to avenge a simple case of kidnapping and murder? The toll mounts… Will a senseless crime, which we of course deplore as barbaric, lead our people down the path of forever war? Or will we once again taste the fruits of peace? Or shall we continue to taste your blood?

As I understand it, it’s mostly just access to resources (luxuries/strategic), chopping/removal, and a defensive bonus - no yields, but at the same time there are bonuses to yields for walls adjacent to walls, so maybe it’s possible to access it, haven’t looked into that yet (could also just be an incentive to actually build a line of them within reach).

I can now confirm that I do not get any yields from my outpost, since it’s too far away from the city center, I cannot assign citizens to work those tiles :slight_smile:

Makes sense of course…never know with mods!

I hadn’t considered the chopping angle, that’s good to know. And of course the defense, strategery and resources…

1 Like

Let the record show that Sumer offered a flat, even peace deal to the Khmer, attempting to extract no concessions. However, the proud Khmer rebuffed this, seeking instead the unreasonable cost of 17 gold per turn as the price for peace. We accept fault for the initial bloodshed, the killing of your builder. But we are not fools, nor did we offer peace out of a position of weakness.

We can only conclude the Khmer wish the war to continue, and for our enmity to deepen and fester.

All you other nations, may you enjoy the blessed fruits of peace, while we feast on each other’s corpses, and sow our fields with blood!

Just the Embassy, I think.

Did everyone get 4 units last round? It said a wave was coming but I saw no units, instead a new countdown started. :frowning:

It seems the units were settlers, and the next batch are as well…so we get nothing?

This seems a hacky way to have a non-unit wave…but it seems to be what the mod is doing…

I was supposed to get horsemen.

Ah true it’s my next wave that looks like settlers, a guy with a staff, I think it’s a settler but of course that makes no sense as a unit to get in a OCC.

I thought I was getting another 5 war carts in the last wave. I got nothing as well.

@Sledge_Poteet @_Fhtagn @Ceryn did you guys get units in the recent wave?

If you/they did, I’m guessing it takes the size of your current military into account.