There can be only One (more)! (1b30a07d)

Smack talk goes here for There can be only One (more)!! Game URL: Civ 5 / 6 / Beyond Earth / Old World Asynchronous Multiplayer (PBEM) | Play Your Damn Turn

Okay Take Three! :expressionless:

Please join as follows:

Swedes in slots 2/3 @J_Dennis @_Fhtagn

@Ceryn in slot 4

@Sledge_Poteet in slot 5 (just because the others are online now, soz bro!)

I won’t start the game till we’re all in! CivLife lessons. :sob:

Thanks guys! Finally underway and hopefully we have no further issues getting started!! Best of luck with your starts. Well, maybe not quite “best”. Does anyone actually say, “Second best of luck with your starts!” I guess not. :snake:

@Sledge_Poteet, what do you reckon the odds are we could get you to try out a discord server?

I mean no pressure or anything, but everyone else is already in. :japanese_goblin:

It appears to work.

1 Like

Love your enthusiasm! :laughing:

Wow, these governors!

Hey! How many governor titles have you guys unlocked? I don’t think we 're supposed to have 4 on turn 2. :thinking:

Mine worked like that too, 1 on turn 1, then 4 more on turn 2! I assume it’s a feature, not a bug. After all, none of those govs can now be promoted until the medieval era I think, and maybe that’s where important choices need to begin.

So um…does this mean there will be two barb scouts incoming in 2 turns (I took the picture on turn 1)…or that we’ll be gifted two scouts? I’d guess the former…maybe that’s why barbs can’t be selected…they may be built into the mod. Haven’t been able to find anything about this, though.

Next_unit_wave

Everyone will get 2 scouts in 4 turns. We’ll get waves of extra units for some reason so we can focus on city building and such. I guess it’s to keep the game quicker.

I got 2 governor titles on turn 1 and 3 more on turn 2. I think the game gives everyone a title when it should only give it to 1 person. I have commented on the mod page. I hope to hear back on it. Let’s continue to see what happens! :smiley:

Ah so does that mean Mr_6 got five governors on turn 1? I see your point, bit of a boost there!

Unfortunately, the nomadic Koreans awoke in a rather awkward location and still wander the wilderness, seeking refuge. Alas! one of Korea’s fangs has been pulled by the terrain.

Oh noes! That’s no good. I had one of the abandoned starts where my third ring would’ve been tundra, but that was solved by moving a single tile south west or east and settling there.

The probably with legendary starts is they all should be “great”, but they are not exactly equal or perfectly balanced.

Edit: I hope you’re not moving away from some key later era resources…

Figners crossed myte!

I didn’t get any new governors this turn so I guess we all start with 5 and then we aquire new titles as usual. That was quite a boost. A good way to avoid too many early uneneventful turns.

1 Like

Yeah it certainly made for some early excitement.

And then the wide borders and seeing how cultural expansion continues outside the workable city area. Does anyone know how external resources are gained in this mod? Is it just via a worker…or colonies like, I think that was civ 5…or _____?

I think there’s an extra unit called “expander” to fit external resources into your borders?

Yeah, but cities can’t work them. Only use for amenities or stategic resources.

Finally managed to settle. What a surprise to see all that territory.
I also got the 5 governors, but I’m a little unsure about how to apply them. I’ve selected a couple and saved a couple. This is a neat little mod! I guess I should take a look at the ChangeLog to see what other surprises might be in store.