Phil the slower and smaller seas (4b3d0ad4)

Smack talk goes here for Phil the slower and smaller seas! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/4b3d0ad4-65b3-46e4-94b1-32dc6825ff8d

Very interesting game :wink:

Game has started. Only took 3 tries to get a position that was playable to everybody, much better than the 40+ tries in previous games. Since the map is standard instead of large it only allowed 18 city-states. Before starting the game I did a bunch of tests in single player mode, and I did run into other civs much faster. So hopefully this map doesn’t end with a bunch of unclaimed space.

I see Ozy got Montezuma which is who I had in our second Phil series. I had one city pumping nothing but workers the entire game with the governor Xin and the 2 upgrades that allow her to build faster settlers and +2 builds. Those settlers rush built all my districts. Very effective strategy.

Good luck all.

Couple of initial thoughts on this game.

Being surrounded in lakes and rainforest makes for a slow start. In the other games I had some rainforest but when I expanded out there were forests. Not so in this game. Rainforest and lakes suck!

Because I’m in rainforests there isn’t anything my workers can do. Had to rush to sailing so I could get the Craftsmanship boost. How many times have you had to make 3x fishing boats to get the boost on a Pangaea map?

Can’t wait to get the tech that lets me clear rainforests and build some districts. Maybe I can build districts on them and lose the chopping bonus.

Similar issue. Workers twiddling their thumbs.

Barry I feel your pain from the previous game. Fires are running rampant in my lands. I lost a settler, a worker, a scout, and it stopped the production on one of my cities. Plus I have no horses or iron anywhere in sight.

If I can ever get anything going guess I will have to rush to GDRs again. :grinning:

That’s weird. I got a turn to a game I already lost. Push that back a bit or resend another file.

Weird indeed. I reverted the turn and played it again. Hopefully it works this time.

Nope. Playing Hammurabi rather than Tomyris. You transformed back to Indonesia.

I did a revert of one complete turn so hopefully it works this time.

I don’t know what to tell you.

I don’t even know what game that is, because it isn’t Phil the slower and smaller seas. Maybe try downloading it directly from the site and not using the PYDT client?

I did and it worked. Not sure what the issue was.

Just a reminder. In 9 turns we declare war on all major civs unless you are already at war with them.

The game where we don’t have iron, horses or niter? Fun!

Yep, exactly. But at least I still have burning rainforests all around me. My capital bounces between being size 1 and 2, then back to 1 again.

Nice. I have avoided most of the fires. Probably won’t last long.

oh oh. Haven’t seen a single fire so far.
Now I’m remembering how much production you get…

Oh there’s lots and lots of production all right, but only 1 or 2 citizens to work the lands. As soon as these fires stop and my cities grow I will become a powerhouse.

With wood being our primary resource, it should be fun until your GDRs show up.