Land of the Lost (0f128371)

Confucianism may reach you before our religion does, but there is a holy man preaching at a construction site in some beautiful hills outside one of our Mapu…seems only a matter of time before he founds something!

Travelling in about 24 hours, for 24 hours, and then away for nearly three weeks…will have the old laptop…all going well, I should be able to still play my turns, albeit slowly (to load especially!!).

1 Like

@Sledge_Poteet could you please delete this pin now? ThanksScreen Shot 05-04-22 at 09.38 AM

Can do!
Also, would you mind holding off on sending more envoys to Buenos Aires until I have managed to push a settler through their territory?

1 Like

Thanks for your patience, everyone. Trip got busy at the end.

2 Likes

Kongo would like to register two announcements.

1. First, we shall express our disappointment with Greece, what the heck. Attacking Granada? Not cool. This City state is an important buffer between our three nations (Greece, Kongo, and Mapuche). If that city falls, expect trouble.

2. Secondly, we are disappointed in all of you for your lacklustre faith output and lack of religious energy. Our people yearn to know the ways of Taoism, Naive Realism, and Confucianism. Come, come. Send your missionaries and apostles to us and we will SPREAD the word on your behalf!

Showing my ignorance, not many hours clocked on Civ6…Kongo can’t found their own religion, but needs it…is it for the cultural output / relics or just general benefits?

Interestingly enough, although I don’t think it will, my Taoist holy city shows it will convert to Confucianism, given sufficient time… It’s a niche faith so far!

Not really about culture. Kongo receives all the beliefs of any religion that has established itself as Kongo’s majority religion, not just the Follower beliefs. Plus there are other reasons! Spread your religion to me and I will send forth apostles on your behalf! Your religion will not die if Kongo has anything to say about it!

OK, so I’ve been out of town for a week, and I don’t entirely remember where I was at with this game. But here’s an attempt to answer your questions.

1. I’m pretty sure I had a good reason.

2. The more you talk about us spreading religion your way, the more convinced I am that I should avoid this at all costs. I’m not worried about Naive Realism disappearing from the face of the earth, nor is it a cornerstone of my strategy in this game, so your offer of Missionaries and Apostles rings hollow. What’s in it for me?

Oh yeah, I remember now why I attacked Granada. I was just sick of their dumb troops hanging out on my border. They were an eyesore. I promise I have no designs on Granada herself.

1 Like

Hello World!

Just in case no one else had noticed, Sumeria has airports.

Truly, they are a technological marvel! Kongo joins Mapuche in applauding our Sumerian brothers for this, and also for their discovery of aluminium. Our poets and artists will compose … well that depends on who we get. Kind of hoping for some sculptures, actually.

Well, thank you. We are doing all right for ourselves over here at the moment. I hope to strengthen our bonds with our friends all around the globe during the coming centuries with alliances.

Oh shit. I am so screwed.

So… who all knows where to find some aluminum? PM’s welcome :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Aluminum? What’s that??

we reject fancy metal things and stick to our wooden ships

We know what this means: let me win the Space Race in peace!

I’m sure J_D would be just as happy to win in War.

1 Like

Well, yeah, there’s that. I guess it depends how many people he’s fighting?

Actually, they are far more advanced that we’d realised. They have nanotech.

I think he could defend against the whole world pretty easily.

Another one well played, @J_Dennis!