Land of the Lost (0f128371)

@Sledge_Poteet we demand the return of our great work stolen by your spy!! Did you think we would not see it sitting in your gallery?

Dearest brother Lautaro,
It appears that one of your talented citizens wished to defect to Kongo to become curator in the most prestigious art museum in the world and offered this work of writing to our Minister of Culture as a gift. We apologise for the misunderstanding but we must object most strenuously to this accusation of thievery!
However, to avoid an international incident, we shall gladly return this (frankly rather tepid) work. All that we ask is that agents of your church ā€œdealā€ with a heretic of our that has entered your lands. The moment this dark apostle is eliminated, the text shall be in your hands once more.

Iā€™m sorry, what heretic is this now? What am I missing?

Um, heā€™s ahā€¦ teaching an off-brand version of Confucianism. Yeah, thatā€™s it. His wild reformative ideas did not catch on in Kongoland so he went looking further afield. Obviously this canā€™t stand, so perhaps some Mapuche apostles can ā€œsolveā€ the issue.

I just took my turn. I wonā€™t be able to take my next turn until monday but you guys probably arenā€™t that fast anyway. :wink:

I was wondering why you were trying to spread Confucianism. To my Holy City, no less. We donā€™t understand the connection between killing your apostle and getting the art back. And we did a dumb and evangelized a belief, our apostle is gone. So go and attack our missionary if you wish your apostle to die.

The people of Sumeria has for the longest time quietly held a grudge against the Indonesian civilization. This stems from their unprovoked attack on Sumerian cities in olden times. Although we held our ground and valiantly defended our cities, the war came at great expense, and with many fallen Sumerians.

For many centuries we held our rage hidden but when Indonesian settlers claimed land close to the Sumerian Shores we were reminded of old grudges.

Now, the time has come to take up arms against our oppressors and claim their cities as our own. With great vengeance we will rain death from above and lay waste to the Indonesian land and rebuild it as a Sumerian paradise.

I hope none will interfere.

Since we are Declared Friends with Sumeria, we shall not interfere (not that we could, what with the war being so far away and fought with weapons beyond our comprehension), we nonetheless hope that our brothers cease hostilities once their grievances are repaid.

@Onanista Hey sorry about that last spy. He got what was coming to him. Hereā€™s some gold to say sorry. We good?

Iā€™ve revised the detail to dial down the gold in exchange for some resources to upgrade outdated troops. Got some rebel line infantry on my border! Built too close to Indonesia.

Out of the blue, Indonesia has requested a military alliance with us. We have declined this request. We want no part of your historical grievances.

1 Like

It appears Contassospam has surrendered and left the game. Apparently Sumer was crushing him too hardā€¦I forgot to check how many more cities had fallen. It was at least two on the first turn, i think.

Indonesia got SLAMMED. Glad Iā€™m not Sumerā€™s neighbour. Free pickings there now for anyone close enough to join in.

No one else seems to be in a position to take advantage. Indonesia is being swallowed whole, a perhaps more than fitting tribute to their early aggression against Sumeria. (Should we have gotten a human to sub? Not that it would have stopped the inevitable.)

Indeed, we have noted the presence of troops and aircraft in a Sumerian border city near our territory. Will @J_Dennis 's appetite be sated by dining on Indonesia, or does the world need to wake up to a greater peril??

I have been doing my best to keep my citizens content with ridding the earth of our former invaders. Now, I find myself unable to stifle the growing urge of the people to go forth and educate our next neighbour.

I have no choice to follow the will of my people. I can see how it would benefit our neighbours if they can get their technology up to the standards of the mighty Sumerian empire. We are currently showing them how our bombing aeroplanes work. It is my understanding that they are quite impressed by this and wants to see this demonstated further.

Hmmnā€¦Iā€™m pretty sure the Mapuche are your next neighbourā€¦and that weā€™re friends at the moment. But thanks for the heads up.

We will do our best to prepare and also request the support of our other neighbours in this unjust war. As the Mapuche go, so shall the rest of you!

In case there was any doubt, Mapucheā€™s friendship with the Sumerians is a thing of the past, and they have already occupied one of our bombed-out cities with their tanks.

We thank our close neighbour @Fatusblobus and the Phoenician people for joining our cause and declaring war against the Sumerian aggressors.

We believe they will stop at nothing, and all free empires must band together to resist their tyranny, lest we all fall under the Sumerian jackboot!

We are all in the Land of the Lost now. Indonesia is basically gone. We have lost our two westernmost cities, and our core is soon to be threatenedā€“right after we got biggest city (20 pop). The Sumerian dictator is going to roll us all up, and I fear thereā€™s nothing we can do to stop him.

1 Like

We probably have to revert the turn to the last player or if you all feel I will win we can abandon this game if you feel done with this game.

I load up the latest turn and is met with a please wait-screen. The game soon sends me this crash report:
Unhandled Exception
Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Error reading address 0x48

Call Stack

??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0

I have tried loading the game 4 times. One of these times I had disabled all mods before i started it up.