Holy Land (edbbd8b2)

perhaps post your save file on discord.

Hi harre,

Thank you for the link. I was able to figure out the Database.log errors, but the save file keeps giving me an access violation error. Anyway, hereā€™s how to fix the Database errors:

#1 Find this file:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\2787782765\sql\new_bbg_xp1_dutch.sql

Then change each
INSERT INTO

to

INSERT OR IGNORE INTO

#2 Find this file:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\2533573440!InGameData\DB_UnofficialPatchEarly.sql

And change each
INSERT INTO

to

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO

As for the save fileā€¦ Itā€™s likely corrupted, which is why it gives access violation errors. Can you load up a previous turn that works? If so, you might just have to revert the game back to that.

Finallyā€¦ @Valamas
Going forward, I would recommend using either the BBG mod or GOLD, but not both. Better Balanced Games conflicts code-wise with GOLD. For example, if you play with my Better Governors option, BBG crashes the game (because it deletes Firaxis modifiers that Better Governors uses). And the issues I rectified here were a result of BBG making the same ā€œfixesā€ to Firaxisā€™ errors (e.g. the Shrapnel and Grape Shot promotions). The two mods are basically different approaches to the same issue: better multiplayer games and as such they step on each othersā€™ toes like the way two religion overhaul mods would.

And Better Governors is currently my favorite part of GOLD. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
DB

TY, I am not going to be using BBG anymore.

Thanks for the pinpoint of error, now it seems to go further but Civ still crashes.

Hereā€™s the updated modding.log and Database.log
Database.log.txt (2.1 KB)
Modding.log.txt (208.4 KB)

I sent you a PM with a dropbox link to the save incase the forum eats the file as I .Civ6Save is not a supported file format.

Hi harre!

Isnā€™t this the same file that you sent me before? Itā€™s exactly the same size and gives me the same result.

On my system, when I load this file, it does not record any errors in database.log or modding.log. However, it does give an access violation error on the loading screen (the one with Seondeok on it). My guess is that the reason itā€™s doing that is because the save file is corrupted.

Can you load up a previous turn that works? If so, then you can work with the other players to revert the game back to that point.

Since I can create a new game with the chosen mods without any database.log or modding.log errors (after applying the fixes I detailed in my previous comment), that indicates that the issue here probably isnā€™t related to the mods.

Kind regards,
DB

Iā€™ve reverted back the turn so hopefully it will work better next time.

The game is still broken even after reverting, so perhaps we need to revert more turns?

A double revert has been magical before. I will push it.

I still have access violation error when loading the game. Even tried loading on my laptop with same result.

Can you give the save file to someone to play it for you? Maybe something specific to this turn is happening on your side?

Great idea! Maybe Ramiro

Hereā€™s the save and if someone is able to complete the turn you can upload and send me the link so I can upload

1 Like

I have requested from Ramiro

Iā€™ve just tested and the game crashed on my side as well halfway through the loading of the saveā€¦ suspicious.

I had tested the game too, but it didnā€™t crash. I closed it without looking at the map.
I have not heard back from Ramiro yet. So maybe give it another day before we look for someone else to play the turn.

Or just play it yourself, if you can do it. I doubt that playing one turn for someone else will give you an undue advantageā€¦

1 Like

OK, soā€¦ now the game is crashing when I try to load it. Was there a resolution to this issue?

Only that I played Harreā€™s turn. We can try that if you like, or revert a turn or we need to consider the effort required to continue this game. The belief is that BBG is causing the problem.

Can I downgrade BBG to a version that works? Whatā€™s different about your setup that allows the game to load?

Iā€™m not ready to give up on this game yetā€¦

On Harreā€™s save file before loading, I took this screenshot. How does the list and version number compare to yours?