Glacial era (6b4ff783)

Smack talk goes here for Glacial era! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/6b4ff783-7233-4c54-9918-0dea3f006dba

Iā€™ve never played with Apocalypse or Random Techs but hey, I donā€™t mind a fresh coat of paint every now and then.

I play with Apocalypse because the climate change is not enough and this official mod force us to take care about the pollution.

For random tech/civics, it force us (by us I mean, better players that have learn a pattern) to change their way of playing with something more random.

Iā€™m open to remove those mods but I really think that it change the game for something better.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Iā€™m thinking about starting the game with 7/8 players.

Is it ok for the majority? If you know someone that want to come, this is the moment :slight_smile:

@Ceryn is ok to join the game if we remove the ā€œRandom tech and civics modā€.

Vote for ā€œkeepā€ or ā€œremoveā€ the mod pls.

Starting the game as 7/8 is fine by me. I wouldā€™ve liked a bit more, but ultimately thereā€™s pros and cons to both.

Iā€™m voting to ā€œRemoveā€ random techs but only for the sake of adding one player and in hope that it wouldā€™ve given us an unbalanced outcome if we had it onā€¦

As I wrote on the PYDT-channel: The arguments against tech-shuffle are nothing else than: I want to play this game like 18 of the 20 games I played before. Itā€™s more ā€œstrategicalā€ in my eyes, if you have to react flexible to the opportunities, the shuffled tech-tree gives you.
So I vote for ā€˜keepā€™.

At number of players: I like games with great maps and so with many players.
So my oppinion: wait one or two more weeks, until we are 10 or 12.

The feature I like most is standard-speed on games.
So if we play ā€˜standardā€™ instead of ā€˜quickā€™, I would also play with 8 people. :wink:

1 Like

I agree with you on everything except the speed.

Standard is sooooooooo damn long! Quick is a good alternative between Online and Standard. Iā€™m open to standard, thatā€™s not a problem for me but Quick allow us more games :slight_smile:

I also vote for Shiffled tech/civics trees because. I donā€™t want to learn the pattern of a Civ Master. Shuffle make us use our brain to react to opportunities and problems of the developpement of a Civilization.
As those trees are the same for everyone, it can unbalance some civ that will have specific unit or bonuses faster or slower but that the price for a real reflexion game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ideally I want to play Online only but Quick is tolerable. Itā€™s just way too painful to require ~10 turns to unlock a tech in hotseat games where you might not even play once a day.

I want to adapt the games I create to what people prefer.

If you want, you can vote on this Google form: Democratic civilization game

We are 8, thatā€™s cool.

I hope that my friend @shinjoshun will come before the end of the month.

We will start in around ten days.

Weekends are a good time to ā€œpromoteā€ new games on the PYDT-server on Discord. Got often 1-3 slots ā€œfilledā€, when I (re-)posted a game there.

edit: And it works better on sundays than on saturdays. :wink:

Letā€™s make a last call tomorrow :slight_smile:

Iā€™d like to join, if youā€™ll have me. Currently playing a 1 v 1 with somebody on here, and keeping up with turns nicely. Donā€™t play against humans much outside the family, so I canā€™t guarantee my skill level will be up to you-all, but Iā€™d be glad to give it a go. Thanks!

2 Likes

From my side: youā€™re welcome!

1 Like

You are welcome @Catalpa . There is many different skill level on PYDT.

I am quite new here and I have learn a lot. We just have to accept that sometimes, your civilization will lose a war and completly dieā€¦ and sometimes, thatā€™s your turn to kill someone else.

2 Likes

where do we do the negotiate things?discord?or just in game?

I will create a Discord for the game + rights for everyone to create private channels.

I frequently ask my neighbors to talk on Discord.

We will had BBS and MPH to balance the game.

Discord is here: PYDT talks

Iā€™ll had everyone from this Glacial era game to the glacial era role and you should be able to create private discussions in the Glacial Era zone.

Letā€™s go with 10 players