Coronapolooza 2020 (b9219215)

Smack talk goes here for Coronapolooza 2020! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/b9219215-ce4c-42a4-bedc-e1f8f0443533

Sorry for 2-days turn, missed email notification :frowning:

No problem.

Rhuarc and Chevalier Mal Fet, You can go to pydt’s website “Your Profile” tab, https://www.playyourdamnturn.com/user/profile and turn on turn notices under the “Email Turn Notifications” subtab at the link above. Set it to an email that buzzes your phone imo. Makes it easier to take turns quickly if you don’t have games you regularly check!

:zzz:

We should rename this game 2022*; at this rate we may still be playing it.

I agree. I think maybe I’m going to have to kick Rhuarc and possibly Chevalier Mal Fet for extremely slow play. All of their turns are >6 hours and Rhuarc’s current turn has been up for over 4 days now.

Everyone has a life and things happen, people go on holidays etc. but if you can’t ordinarily commit to doing a turn every 24 hours or so, you probably shouldn’t join a PBEM game.

Can I suggest just removing Rhuarc, doesn’t seem like PYDT is for him. Chev has improved his turn times significantly that I have seen over the last couple weeks. Also, guys vacationing is amaze, and random spur of the moment trips are big. Just make a quick post in here if you are gone for four-five days, or two weeks even, and it is a non-issue.

Sidebet @ChevalierMalFet takes his turn in under six hours. If I lose I’ll run a builder to you. If you lose, you run a builder to me. Offer open for the next two hours, [Last turn 4 hours ago] in game.

Just as well nobody took you up on that bet :wink:

I was laughing w/ a friend about that earlier lol. I felt like the 1 builder wager really put some good risk to it though haha! :smiley:

Hi. Won’t be able to post my turn until Monday. Apologies.

Taking a Kayak/camp trip, I’ll be back Sunday. Friend may take turn for me to keep game moving, but not 100%.

Getting an odd error preventing me from loading the game. Says save file is incompatible and recommends checking my mods (turning them off). Despite any mods I use in single player they have never being an issue for PYDT. Haven’t seen this specific message come up. I’m toggled them just to try but no effect. Reverting and hoping it resolves it.

Nice turn pace the last 3 months guys. We might finish this game inside a year yet!

:slight_smile:

Race the 'Rona 2021(?)

RIP Japan! HappyCamper and I had our starting cities within 8 tiles of each other. Accordingly, we have been at war since turn 6 or 7? Truly a battle: some back and forth city flipping, tons of burnt production in unit slaughter, etc.

I’ve been enjoying watching it on the empire screen and diplomatic window - for a while I thought Japan was turning things around when he retook Nagoya and his military score surpassed Hungary! I tried to feed him spare resources when I could.

gg, Japan! Thanks for sticking with it, it can’t have been fun to be slowly dying all game. I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

@Maxmcg @BigStickOfButter Even though large tracts of Pangea and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the @ChevalierMalFet and all the odious apparatus of Polish rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Pangea, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!

1 Like

@bartender I’ll have what he’s having.