Coronapolooza 2020 (b9219215)

I fear the Culture might be unstoppable at this point…

oh, good, someone got my naming theme! That makes me so happy! :smiley:

If only you could rename your empire “The Wasp Factory” :slight_smile:

hey can you explain about “The Wasp Factory”? :slight_smile: Should i read it?

Oh yeah. Amazing novel. A little fucked up, but amazing. Probably not to everyone’s taste though and completely different to Iain Bank’s SciFi novels.

I read Asimov’s Foundation last year which was awesome. Is “Iain Bank” a sci fi author then? Also coincidentally I’m currently reading The Shining, and am on part three called “Wasp’s Nest” lol.

The SciFi stuff is under Iain M. Banks. The other stuff, under Iain Banks. I suspect someone else here is more well versed in his works than me…

Iain M. Banks wrote the Culture series of novels. All the ships in the Culture are sentient and give themselves goofy names so they don’t take themselves too seriously. All my city names are Culture ship names, so I remember not to take myself too seriously, either. :slight_smile:

@ChevalierMalFet very well played bro! GG
Leave me 1-2 west cities pls, i want to see this world’s end :slight_smile:

Oh dear. That’s a lot of advanced units…

oh, wait, isn’t it cheating that i showed his army? damn, sorry, i’m stupid

So… This has been a successful game, I’m working on building a railroad which will let me reach Chev’s most western city in about 3-4 turns instead of 20 turns. However, That isn’t going to make any difference at this point, he has over thirty cities and the next closest in the game has i believe 12. There is nothing that is going to change the outcome of this game away from a Polish Victory. I’m in support of total capitulation, and what say you we start up Coronapolooza 2021?

Up to you guys if you’re still having fun or if you want to call it.

India was my biggest competitor, so he’s the one I decided I needed to remove in order to secure the victory. Hats off to him for fighting hard and never giving up, still getting all his turns in on time! And he has many lovely cities, now home to thousands of visiting Polish “tourists”…

I was planning on asking him if he wanted me to put him out of his misery by sending a group to take bypassed Mysore or if he wanted to linger, too. Don’t worry about the army shot - I WAS trying to keep my tanks a bit out of sight of Germany, but, hell, he’ll figure it out soon anyway.

If you guys want to fight out the final campaigns, you can, but it’s only if you’re still having fun. Otherwise we can call it.

My only thought is that this has been an enjoyable paced game, fun players. I just was tied up in a turn three war for its entirety, that you sim-city’ing to your hearts content frankly just wrecks any chance I’d ever have of a victory. Germany seems widdled down, I say we call it and make a new game, same players if possible.

Well, I could see the science era you are in and that you had built an airfield, so you obv. have artillery and that’s pretty much it. You had this won ages ago, your science output was so high.

I’ll do whatever anyone else wants but yeah, the winner is obvious at this point. GG.

GG @ChevalierMalFet

wow situation changed :slight_smile:
thank you guys for game, impressive play by @ChevalierMalFet
i messed hard at the beginning with stepwells, it was my first time as Chadnragupta :frowning:
then i played really bad before war with Poland, i did not have time to build any renaissance walls
but it doesn’t matter, polish tanks and artillery would win anyway
so, yes, gg

thank you for books recommendation! i added “Wasp factory” and “Culture” series to my “must-read” list
going to start reading after King’s “The Stand” - first book i’m reading in english, so, maybe, it will take time :smiley:

@BigStickOfButter @Maxmcg @ChevalierMalFet if you want to start “Coronapolooza 21: Second Wave” im in,
there is quarantine in Moscow again, i’m sitting home, working and playing civ all days :slight_smile:

I’d absolutely like a 2021, who hosted this game? Let’s get a “sequel” game going ASAP! I can host if needed.

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 14.08.06

@BigStickOfButter @Maxmcg @ChevalierMalFet guys?