[CLOSED] Is it possible to replace users by someone else?

I was thinking about what happens when someone leaves for a vacation and can’t play for some time.

I know I can kick people out of the game and replace them by AI. Can I then replace the AI by a different player? (I haven’t tried this.)

Basically, it would be nice to have a feature that allows me to say: “I’m leaving for two weeks, please set THISUSER as my replacement, he’ll play instead of me until I get back”.

Thanks for doing this!

See the Turn Timer thread in Feature Requests - there’s a bug in Civ 6 right now that kills the game if you change a player from Human -> AI and then AI -> Human that I’d wish Firaxis would fix so we could have turn timers and this wouldn’t be as much of an issue. :frowning:

In the meantime, this might be an acceptable fix, but it’ll require a bit of work to broker the process (does the other user even want to play your turns?). I’ll definitely keep it in the back of my head of things to work on next. Thanks!

This has just occured to me:

Would it be possible to replace a player by a different player without going through the AI? Basically just linking it to a different player’s Steam account. That shouldn’t trigger the bug, should it?

Yeah, exactly - that’s possible, but I think it’d be a non-trivial process to set up the interface to broker that process. If you need it done before I get this enhancement done (which probably won’t be in the next couple of weeks) I can make changes in the database manually.

We have a player in two games who’s leaving for two weeks. If you could swap him for a replacement (and back later) manually, that would be great. But I have no idea how time consuming it is and I don’t want to bother you too much. We can always just pause the game.

Sure, it’s no big deal, just PM me what users you want me to swap out.