Goon Game 2 (f2351e06)

I got the notification that it was my turn minutes after I left for work today.

That’s understandable, Cascade. What inevitably happens is that someone receives their turn while working or sleeping, which leads to 8+ hours waiting time. It is to be expected. Don’t worry about it, as long as we can do about one whole turn a day, and as long as everybody is fine with this pace, it’s OK.

Quoting from SA:

Dy:
Hey so I just realized I did a dumb thing. I’m in Goon Games 2 and 3 and failed to realize that me flying out of the country for two weeks is going to affect how much I can contribute to the civ games. Is there any way to swap out with another player or do I need to surrender?

Markus:
I can kick you out of the game and replace you by AI but I won’t be able to put you back in once you return. There’s a bug in the game that currently prevents replacing AI by players in hot seat - it corrupts the save (replacing players by AI works fine, though).

Dy, how often do you think you’ll be able to play your turns? Only once a while, or not at all? I don’t really feel like kicking out players this early, you’d be replaced by stupid AI. I’d rather a slightly slower game (for a while) with actual thinking players. On the other hand, if you can’t play for two weeks at all, an AI could be a better option to keep the game running.

So it really depends. And of course I can’t speak for the others. What do people think?

I will graciously offer to take stewardship of his cities.

So first of all, sorry, I probably shouldn’t have joined in the first place but this totally slipped my mind.

I’m going to Thailand for vacation for two weeks next Friday, and traveling a lot in-county once I get there. If I’m being honest, I have no idea how regularly I’ll be able to contribute, but it probably won’t be a lot. Maybe once every few days.

I’m down to stay but don’t want to be a problem, so just let me know whatever you guys think will work best.

So the creator of this tool offered us that he can manually replace you with someone else. So, dysanx, maybe you could find a temporary replacement for yourself over at SA? I’m sure you’ll find someone who’ll be willing to take over and obey your instructions. :smiling_imp:

Sweet. I’ll try to find a replacement.

So replacement-finding is not going well. Zero takers.

I’m leaving on Friday, and will try to play my turns as often as I can. I’ll leave it up to you guys what you want to do, but feel free to turn it over to the AI if it’s annoying. I won’t be butthurt about it.

Please welcome BrotherMagneto who’s replacing dysanx while he’s on a vacation in Thailand (about the next two weeks). You might know BrotherMagneto as Peas and Rice over at SA, or “the guy whose idea this whole PBEM game was in the first place”.

Hey if you guys want to find a replacement for me. I’ve completely lost all interest in Civ.

Thanks for letting us now, Cascade.

So we should consider the game to be on hold until we manage to find a replacement. I’ll keep asking in the thread. Wish me luck. Worst case scenario if we don’t find anyone in a few days, I’ll replace Cascade by AI and we’ll resume.

I can join the game if is ok for you.

Do you know if its possible?

Sure, that would be great! I can ask the creator of this tool, he’s very helpful and can replace players manually.

By the way, there are also free spots in Goon Game 3 and Goon Game 4. Would you like to join them too, or just this one?

Too many for me I still playing others games

I play one with you guys :slight_smile:

Aaand we’re back on. Almost. Because the Australian Summer patch still hasn’t arrived to Mac, we’ll have to wait for it so that the Mac people can play.

As expected, the game is now on hold again until the patch comes out for Mac too. Sorry for that, and thanks for being patient. We will prevail and finish this game! One day.

Welcome back to the game after a loooong hiatus. I hope the wait didn’t discourage you much, let’s get this going again. From what I can see, things are already heating up so it looks like there are some interesting times ahead. Have fun!

Hey all, I’m currently in the process of moving across the country so I won’t be able to play until i get my computer set up at my location. I’ll see if i can get it running my crappy laptop but if I can’t I probably wont be able to take a turn for about a week.

Update: my PC is now fully assembled. When i get home from work tommorow I’ll install my OS and get civ running. Should have my turn done within 24 hours.

Hi everyone. Sorry for dragging this further but I won’t be able to play my damn turn until Sunday. I’m getting married this weekend! Wish me luck :wink: