CCH 6 continent ffa (923190b0)

I’m sorry to report that I have the error in this game as well:

error-starting-game

From discussing on Discord, the proposed solution is to revert my turn and @Markelix sends the save file to Calcifer who will modify the game save to be static BBG 5.1.8. He’ll then send it back to Markelix who then takes his turn again.

Do we want to give this a go? @Squidoo @adi_4k @Chiller @danlmartins

1 Like

Agreed, and thanks for discussing with us before taking any actions. It definitely helps me decide who am I to play with in future games!

Static BBG? Reverting? Modifying the saves? Sounds like a trouble for such a nice game…
Whats the latest released version of BBG? what vesion did we start to play? why other versions did no break the saves? Afaik the game loads the correct version of the mod if available.

That’s too much shenanigans happening here… Reverting the turn because you were on vaycay, but you know that there is an timer set for the move?
Agreed with the denmartins on the furure games…

@Si1, would you please talk to Calcifer about this other game as well?

I agree it sounds dodgy and hassle to have to change which mod you have enabled before loading the save. I think this is the first update to BBG since we started the game. Not sure which version we started with. I’m reading on Discord about quite a few games that have broken today so it not just this one.

yeah, the BBG problem is unrelated to the reverts. The first is an unfortunate compatibility problem, but the reverts… yeah, those are quite dodgy. It’ll be the third time i play turn 61, let’s see how differently it will look!

@Chiller, I will try to answer your questions

Static BBG

• starting the game with a static BBG version is best because you will have the same BBG version for the entire game + BBG updates can’t break your game
  • I believe this game was NOT started with a static BBG, I think it used the updatable v5.2, that’s why it got messed up when it updated to v5.3

Reverting and adding static BBG

• From what I understood, it is necessary to revert in order to get to a save which is not messed up, to make that turn with a static BBG, otherwise you are just blocked and the game can’t continue

And, @Chiller, regarding MY reverted turn 13 DAYS AGO, it didn’t affect anyone :wink:
I have written the message right after my turn time expired and no-one else had to replay their turn.
So the only effect was that I did my turn instead of the bot.

I know I’d rather play with against a human, not a bot, don’t you?
Do I have to explain why I wasn’t able to take my turn before the timer expired (which by the way was the only time it ever happened to me), or is human friendliness enough reason to allow someone to play their turn instead of the bot if no-one else is affected?

How one can time travel your turn after some one took a turn after the bot took a turn after you. That’s sounds like illegal move.

Why do I have to play the turn 61 for a third time?!

Sorry all, I thought I had time to leave it until this morning to revert but my turn has expired. Chiller, can you revert it to me so I can revert it to Markelix?

AGAIN?! for a fourth time on a single turn? As far as I can see I dont need to revert it, some one can do it for me.

So were you able to do your turn just now? @Chiller

I don’t have to the option to revert it now so need you to revert it.

yes I have the ability to complete my turn for a THIRD time. that’s nuts

@Chiller Thank you, I have reverted the turn to @Markelix so he can send the file to Calcifer to fix the mod version.

@Chiller, look at the image

• On April 13th, 05:09 AM, Jobby made his turn on round 55.
    I was next, but the timer expired 24 hours later, on April 14th, 05:09 AM

• On April 14th, I have asked for my skipped turn to be reverted, BEFORE Markelix did his turn
    The request was approved on April 14th, 9:21 AM
    I did my turn instead of the bot on April 15th 00:08 AM

• On April 15th, 08:43 AM, Markelix did his turn

So nothing illegal :wink:

1 Like

@Calcifer helped by making my save have BBG static v5.2.11
I will make my turn very soon.
All of you, please make sure you have BBG static v5.2.11 in your mods folder

To install a particular version of BBG, you need to follow these steps:

1. Download the particular .zip file from the Dropbox folder
    Dropbox - BBG Static Releases for Cloud - Simplify your life
  2. Copy and Extract it into the Mods folder of where Civ 6 is installed on your system.
    On Windows, it should be “…\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization VI\Mods”
  3. Restart Civ
  4. Go to Additional Content->Mods menu, and disable newly installed BBG to not conflict with real-time or other games
  5. Load your game as usual, and play your turn.

Fourth time i made the same move - hope, it works now! :upside_down_face:

Thanks for your engagement on this game, @adi_4k !

1 Like

Just to clarify who can revert:

• any player on his/her turn
  • the host at any time