Smack talk goes here for Always war! NLP leaders only, 7 seas, FFA, CPL rules! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/2740edc3-e07e-4393-8e3c-bdfd9e254d90
Magnificient Sully is part of the Leader Pass even though it’s a persona, right? Still happy to change if one of the later players really wants him.
Sorry i took the wrong persia will go cyrus
when we declare war on the civ we meet, should we actively go to war with them, or is it okay to ask for cold war?
i would say you don’t have to attack but no agreements.
i changes to gitarja
so it is a no communication game? nor public nor private?
I think game is only limited to new-leader pass civs
@Calcifer the intention was public communication only, no agreements or direct collaboration (no “shadow diplomacy”). Does that work?
hey @andrewsmart48 good to see you. The game is intended to be new-leader pass leaders only (gitarja is DLC)
That makes sense. I was just wondering if asking a player to be at cold war publicly is okay or not?
Nader shah it is then
@andrewsmart48 I don’t see a way to change your leader selection before starting the game. Could you please update your leader choice to Nader and then I’ll start the game?
IMHO I think Always War is better if there are no cold wars or truces. (But I’m flexible if others have strong views)
Done and agree on cold wars
I just had an idea for a format, and throwing it out there on a lark:
- Max 1 FS/ally
- You must be at war with everyone else (hot war, no truces or cold wars)
- The first civ you met becomes your nemesis. You MUST declare war on them the same turn you meet them, and are not allowed to ever be at peace with them
- You can change FS/ally (so long as you never have more than 1 active at a time, and you never FS/ally your nemesis)
- No military alliance (to make zero FS/ally more viable)
This way there is still way more war than a normal FFA (everyone is at war with at least 1 neighbor, probably their closest), but still space for diplomacy and teamwork (without making it mandatory like 2v2v2)
any thoughts? (not attached to it, just a fun idea)
Actually… the whole thing could just be simplified to:
- The first civ you met becomes your nemesis. You MUST declare war on them the same turn you meet them and stay at active war with them the whole game (no cold war)
- Max 1FS/ally. No military alliance. You MUST war your ally’s nemesis
nah always war
Then off we go! Good luck everyone HF