4v4 Pangea! - BBG 5, BBS, 1 turn per day, CWC style draft (22347ea1)

That would explain the rather poor starting locations :slight_smile:

1 Like

This game has been reset by the admin.

Restarted! Back to turn 1, hopefully with much better starts for everyone

Hi all,

I just want to alert you all to something. I played my turn just now and noticed that CQUI had been enabled (which I didnā€™t have enabled or even downloaded) as well as another, unfamiliar panel at the bottom-right which turned out to be a cheat menu (spawn units etc). It seems that the savefile I opened caused some mods to be auto-downloaded and enabled. Thatā€™s fine but the fact that a cheat mod was one of them AND was auto-enabled and actually useable in a MP game is concerning.

Iā€™m not suggesting anyone was deliberately trying to cheat (there are perfectly legitimate reasons for having a unit spawning mod for SP testing learning etc). I deliberated whether or not to say anything but I thought on balance I should share what happened and you can all come to your own conclusions.

And yes, I obviously disabled the mod and didnā€™t spawn a GDR. Can the players after me please verify that this mod isnā€™t appearing for them?

1 Like

I played my turn mere minutes ago, missed a chance to check I guess.

Iā€™m pretty sure I have auto-downloading of mods disabled though so Iā€™m surprised this went through unnoticed.
Edit: After checking it turns out I do have auto-download on.

Well I disabled the mod before I saved my turn, so hopefully shouldnā€™t appear on the file you opened.

All - please donā€™t use any game altering mods in this game (such as a mod to spawn units). If anyone is found to be cheating they will be kicked from the game and we will find a sub :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

I donā€™t know what CQUI is

I donā€™t have CQUI or any unit spawn mods. However, after the most recent patch updated (which for me was yesterday Thurs 16 Mar), I found that my ā€œdefaultā€ mod list included every mod I had ever subscribed to. This included an OCC mod which includes (a someone bugged-out) regular unit spawn mechanic. That is, every ten or so turns, each player supposedly spawns a stack of units contemporary to their era (e.g. 5 musketmen appear!) I donā€™t if that is related to the problem stated above or not, but I just mention it here as disclosure, and also to note that the same ā€œMass Mod installatinoā€ may have happened to someone else who does have a spawner installed.

Itā€™s a user interface mod. I dont like it personally but itā€™s quite popular.

whenever there is a game patch or update civ automatically re-enables all the dlc and mods. itā€™s a bit annoying.

1 Like

Right? Plus it deletes all the Mod profiles I have created previously. First world problems though.

1 Like

To Team 1 - in view of recent our defeat at the Battle of Rio, and your superior numbers in both military strength and score, Team 2 offers their surrender. Congratulations on your well-played early game victory.

1 Like

(And Iā€™m up for a rematch)

i cant rematch but am ok with calling this result now. it makes sense.

GG guys, short though it was! Apologies if my early rush spoiled the game. Up for a rematch also.

GG everyone!

We were all looking forward to continuing to play :smiley: but totally understand and happy to shake hands and start over :+1:

I would be happy to run setup again (unless someone else wants to), running the draft and then starting the game

3 of us are down to rematch, but it sounds like @andrewsmart48 doesnā€™t have bandwidth. When we started this game the teams were determined by the order of players joining (12212112). What do you think about me creating a game and then letting the join order to pick the teams? (Iā€™m sure a new players will grab any open slots for those that opt out)

Also, what do you think about starting 2 games at once? maybe one pangea and the other a more sim heavy map (like highlands or tilted axis) or naval (islands, inland sea, etc)?

I donā€™t mind the order of the team buildup.
Iā€™m definitely up for two games, got plenty of time to spare unless a big twist happens in my life. Pangea + Seven Seas sounds good

Iā€™m keen for another game in the same setup, but I think we need to be more mindful about map placement (i.e. x-axis or y-axis) kind of thing

Ok, fantastic!

Iā€™ll try to create the next game within the next 24h, as I find a time window to do it. We can work out any new rules for map placement then (eg: technical restart and/or restart token, like CPL)

once the next teams form, what do you think about keeping the same teams for both games for consistency?