The Unknown Lands (6baa67e4)

Smack talk goes here for The Unknown Lands! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/6baa67e4-3c39-4593-9c46-d051a4f52f62

Allright, people, all slots filled. I’ll start this as soon as possible.

Thank you all for joining and hope we get a fun game!

1 Like

I request a restart. My opening position is unplayable.

2 Likes

WOW it is really “big shit” position which I have seen in my life :smiley:

My start position was bad but this is psycho…

Wow, that was really messed up. By the way, I did set the “balanced start positions” option on. Do you people think I should change it this time?

This game has been reset by the admin.

Again, my position is unplayable. When I moved my settler one tile on turn 1, that city-state wasn’t there.

I request a restart. I suggest you not use the “balanced start positions” and use BBS mod instead.

Last time I didn’t set balanced start positions on. I used standard start positions instead.

Anyway, although I do agree it’s a bad luck that the CS settler founded the city so quickly, I don’t see it as “unplayable” as the other time (that was truly impossible). To me this just seems bad, not impossible. Your settlers are 2 tiles away from a viable position.

So I don’t wanna decide alone on that one. I’d like to see what @everyone thinks about it. Maybe there are other people with bad starts, I don’t know. For myself, I haven’t even found a good place to settle my first city yet.

So, what do other players think?

1 Like

How is your settler and warrior so far apart?
Asking because I’ve never had your situation happen before, and curious about it.
Just trying to learn from other’s experience since it seems so rare!

Agree it’s not unplayable, but also being forced to move 2 turns to settle your first city is shit.

We only just started, so lets restart. Otherwise, this will just leave a bitter taste for a long time.

This is strange, but: my settler spawned on the 2-1 tile, which should not have happened since it is unsettlable. Spawning on a tile that is not settleable is good cause for a restart.

The tile that I spawned on and the tile where my settler is now were green last turn. I know that this is odd, but it is the truth.

My intent was to move it to the coffee tile, which would have required 2 turns from turn 1. Now, I won’t be able to found my capital under turn 4 or 5.

I don’t want to play a game for months (?years?) without a fair shot to win the game.

If you do not want to restart, I understand, because many players are inconvenienced, however, I will surrender if not. Please don’t take this as rage quitting or blackmail, I just want a fair start like everyone else.

1 Like

Is that how city states work?
They start with a settler as well?

It’s borked that the game would spawn player and CS settler so close to each other no?

I moved the warrior before I took the screen shot. I did not move the settler before I took the screen shot.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.
It must have been green on turn 1 because the CS settler hadn’t settled yet. By turn 2, they are red now because those tiles are now too close to the city center of the new CS.

Yes, I’ve seen CS settlers on turn 1 before. On the previous start it happened to me and I was planning to capture the settlers before they stablish their city. Sometimes they don’t settle right at the first turn, and so it’s worth a shot. I’ve done it on single player just some time ago.

1 Like

Yes, I get your point. Since it’s my turn again, I’ll restart the game with BBS this time.

Well, actually PYDT site isn’t allowing me to restart because the game has gone to turn 3. Maybe @OtherRealisms shouldn’t have uploaded his save if the intention was to ask for a restart? I can’t clone the game either because it can only be done from turn 15 onwards.

I honestly don’t know what to do. Would the other players be OK to join another game so we can restart it? I’m so glad we managed to fill the 8 slots that I wouldn’t like to loose anyone (that includes @OtherRealisms ). Please, people, do say if you would join another game from scratch with the same settings (plus BBS). I guess I’ll start it and link here.

Ok, if you’re willing to a new restart, here’s the link to the new game: [The New Lands | Civilization 6 | Play Your Damn Turn](The New Lands)

To prevent other people from taking your place, I’ve set a password: unknown

When everyone joins, I’ll scrap this one.

I joined

I’m in. I can see both sides. Actually hadn’t settled myself yet as there was a prime space near a natural wonder three turns’ walk away, but OR’s start did look somewhat suboptimal, so no worries.