Temp.use88's game! (9dd4b239)

the thing with Mali is its possible to create a situation in which they can buy military units for 0 gold. The thing with Korea is that… well they are Korea. the science output is just insane

That said, like temp said, everyones random so it is luck of the draw; I’m comfortable rolling the dice. also fine with the mod, but not married to it. Basically I resign to the table.

Yeah I get what you mean. But if Ngazargamu is in the game what if you just take that city state out? Or do some early rush against Mali/Korea.

I believe that Mali bug was fixed in the September 2019 update. In any case, I don’t have any “absolutely necessary” requirements, I just like some of the adjustments that the mod offers, like turning Tomyris “two-for-one” cavalry deal into a more reasonable faith-based unit purchase ability, and doing something similar for the Venetia Arsenal’s two-for-one dealon naval units.

In either case, I’m comfortable playing with or without. It looks like we’re ready for this one to start, so I suppose it’s up to you @Temp. One thing I’d recommend is moving my turn order closer to the end, next to @Dustbrother, because I’m in GMT +2 time zone.

EDIT: They fixed Mali in April 2019: https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-gathering-storm-patch-update-april-2019/

OK what is the best order for time zones, I am actually GMT -8 and I have to play first.

We have GMT-8, GMT-6, GMT-5, GMT+0, GMT+2 here. How about we do GMT-8, GMT+2, GMT+0, GMT-5, GMT-6, so it is from east to west.

I added a slot so it’s 6 player on a small continent map. Let’s see if we have one more player.

Makes sense to me. I work from home so I can play at almost anytime between now and the next 6-8 hours, but games in American time zones have a habit of hanging on me overnight and waiting for me to wake up.

If you usually play during the evenings, @temp, then it should work out just fine, I’d think. Depends what time of day everyone else typically takes turns.

Check out this for difference between continents and small continents.

and a second list of maps if interested.
https://discourse.playyourdamnturn.com/t/map-generation-examples-2/3905

Great idea, now I want to do a “Continents and Islands” game.

What do people think?

1 Like

Alright I decided to start, good luck.

Map is Continent and Islands, Disaster level is 3. Everything else is standard.

good civs. I’m satisfied

Hey Guys

Thanks for the game! Looks like it will be interesting, I’m loving the Civ rolls, I’ve never played Mongolia before.

Good luck!

Time to do a culture victory with Mongolia and get that “Buying your Deels and Listening to Your Throat Singing” achievement! :rofl:

Yes I’ll totally be going for the Culture Victory. Nothing to see here!

damn, this game moves. very cool

Wait, people can see each other’s pin on the map? That is new to me…

You have to set it to be seen by all. there are different seetings. Show only to Ally etc

Then I must have messed up some settings. Weird…

No you haven’t. I’m talking about settings in the Pin Ui

Oh OK

I just created a discord channel for this game, feel free to join (or not join :D):

https://discord.gg/dKDneb7

I’m worried the era turn timer is stuck… :frowning: