Standard game - all welcome (23527b93)

Smack talk goes here for Standard game - all welcome! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/23527b93-532f-4624-8414-f1736a0a243c

Hi all,

I just setup the game as a first game open to anyone who wants to play Civ. Hopefully we can play fast enough and have a dynamic game. I’ll give a couple days for people to join and then start the game with AIs if we aren’t complete then and people can join later I believe.

Two A.I.s, huh? Nasty creatures. I avoid the things.

Apologies. I joined this game without thinking - I will be on holiday from tomorrow (Monday) through to the weekend.
As you stipulated fast play, I have no problem if you want to kick me. (That might even be a good test to see if I could rejoin it when i return.)

Well, I didn’t stipulate fast play on this one so np. And I also say so mostly to avoid people who play real slow, trying to get several turns played per day. Unless other people feel strongly otherwise, I’m fine waiting - since you warned us we know what to expect and don’t get frustrated. We all have IRL vacation and such.

No problem for me. I’m from Europe (UTC+1), thats why i have so mane >6h turns. If someone in America plays in the eve, i’m already in bed.

Hey guys,
First off, this game is going fast which is really awesome, great playing everyone!
We have played over 30 turns so we’ve pretty much pasted the “early game”, meaning that most of us probably have a few cities and have met other players and making great plans and… possibly starting to think about war. As we get into this, I want to say a few words:
1- Please don’t just surrender because you don’t have a chance at winning the game. I hope that if you are playing this game, it is because you like the challenge of confronting other people and possibly not winning. The fact is, I hope there is lots of fun to be had from playing the game and not only winning it. And with human players, being ahead is not a sign of winning; people do team up!
2- If another player messes with your gran plan or bullies you nearly out of existance, etc., there can still be a lot of fun to be had by setting a different objective. maybe you can decide you’ll do everything so that bully loses the game to your stronger ally.
3- Role play - A lot of fun can be had from random objectives you can set to yourself. Maybe you have set off on a quest to retake the holy city of christiandom for whatever reason. Whatever character you might want to create for yourself, be free to do so and play accordingly, it can only make the game all that much richer.
4- Wars will happen… we all know that. If you have the opportunity to completely demolish someone else… I’m not gonna say don’t do it. just be sure you are ready to face the consequences of genocide.
5- Don’t hesitate to come to this channel to publicly announce things. Please stick to character and be respectful. I trust your judgement for a fun game :wink:

So in one word, lets have fun playing, and if you win, congratz, if you don’t, hopefully that was lots of fun!

[isolationism intensifies]

*Scythian

Hey guys,

I’ll be travelling this week and might not be able to take my next turn until Sunday, or at least not quite as fast if I do catch some wifi at some point before then.

I will be away from Saturday until some time Wednesday…

Hey together, sorry but I can´t play from next Sunday 14 October to Sunday 21 October. I´m on a Business trip to Singapur.

While playing my turn I had a power outage

so I’m playing again

Hey Guys, I’ll be out for the week-end and until Wednesday. Happy new year to you all and see you next year! :wink:

I can’t play this save. I don’t know what y’all wanna do about it. I tried three times.

I see the game moved forwards, were you able to take your turn then? Do we need to try reverting to last turn? I am not sure what that does as I never had to do it yet, but it sounds like it is exactly for those cases.

I’ll wait for your answer before playing my turn so that we can actually revert to the right turn.

I played. I am still wary of this happening more, there’s no doubt in my mind it was the Civ6 program that was giving my system instability.

It happened again with this one. It triggers as soon as the hotseat dialog appears.

Hey everyone,

I’ll be travelling until Friday, I don’t know how consistently i will be able to take my turn.

Why didn’t Greylock found a religion, I wonder?

The Forbidden Palace? What a nice gift. I was just going to eliminate Geneva and see if you’d respond, but, Curitiba will be a beautiful Scythian colony.

I thought I would have to post that Civ6 is so terribly boring, but what do I find to my surprise this turn but an offer from Vicky to start this war! What a character.

If only there were something we could do to interact with each other in any other way. A single thing. Well, your reign of GP-sniping terror is over, Pedro. And that 15% bonus science from Geneva too.