QUIZ: AI Levels / Human Levels - what do they mean?

Let’s say you’re setting up a MP game with just yourself, your friend, Teddy, and an AI, Alex. Teddy is a bit new, but you are very experienced, winning on Deity on the regular. You want to set up the game so that you get a good challenge, and Teddy has a fairly easy ride against both you and the AI.

How do you configure the levels?

1. Option A

1. Option B

1. Option C

Explain your answer!

idk,but I think it’s A,I haven’t noticed how it works between players,like other civ games

B - The bonuses for settler will be the same. Teddy can attack Alex with Ambiorix as the experienced big brother.

What you won’t get out of this is any challenge for the Ambiorix player except in combat as Alex will have bonuses. But this is a grey area I think. It would need a test game with seeing the combat calculations in game.

The AI can not be deity because of the settler bonuses that the players do not get.

Article: Game difficulty - Civilization 6 (VI) Wiki
I can only see combat bonuses for Settler Teddy
See “Combat and XP scaling” and the AI/Player columns.

Another link showing info better: Difficulty level (Civ6) | Civilization Wiki | Fandom

:star_struck:

Thanks, @Valamas. I agree that the Wiki articles leave a bit to be desired in terms of explaining these–admittedly niche–questions.I suspect that you are right: game testing is really the best way to gather such data.

EDIT.
I set up an MP game with humans playing deity, prince, and settler.
The deity human got no attack bonuses against the barbarians.
The settler human got +3 attack vs barbs “due to difficulty”
The prince human got no bonus vs barbs

I did not test for human v human. Might edit this post again later when I’ve done that.

I can help as a test player if you need.

2 Likes