PYDT reverting steam name change?

Okay, this is… weird, and I’m not 100% sure that PYDT is at fault. But I can’t think of any other third party thing that would regularly be prodding my Steam account.

I recently decided to change my Steam display name. But then:

• PYDT doesn’t seem to pick up on it (not that big a deal)
  • a Discord bot that queries PYDT for turn reminders broke (they’re trying to fix it)
    and, incredibly weirdly
  • after a few hours my Steam display name reverts back to what PYDT thinks it should be

I’m pretty sure the bot has no possible way of actually accessing my Steam account, but PYDT is linked to it. I can’t think of too many other things that are (maybe Factorio). Any chance it’s gone rogue? I’ll reach out to Steam’s tech support as well and see if they can tell me what’s doing it.

I dunno, the only thing PYDT calls on Steam is GetPlayerSummaries Steam Web API - Valve Developer Community (valvesoftware.com) to read user info, it never writes any user info to steam, and I doubt it’d have permission to do so anyway.

That said, I’m not sure why PYDT isn’t picking up on your name change, that seems to be working OK, what are you changing it from/to?

Yeah, it seems… far-fetched, but Steam Support is being useless and I’m not sure what else might be messing with it.

I’m trying to change it from “Matthias99” to “TheSkiGeek”.