Leader Pass: First Pack! (10f7f372)

Smack talk goes here for Leader Pass: First Pack!! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/10f7f372-569d-45ad-b3cf-3a62cd728278

Just bought the Leaders Pass, but we’ll have to wait until PYDT supports the new content. Shouldn’t take too long. I’ll go ahead and start the game whenever that happens.

Is it possible to join the game? If so, could you please send me the password?

The game is on. I decided to skip the balancing mods since they’ll take much longer to catch up with the new leaders. None of them seem to have game-breaking abilities, so we should be fine. I’ve taken the liberty of starting in the Classical era and adding the Plenty of Time mod that will slow down research & civic progression, since we’re on Quick speed for this one. Should be fun!

Because Yogg was hosting, I was under the impression this game had our server rules ie no surprise war, but I don’t even know how I got into this game and just noticed it’s not on the discord

i did check the rules first. if i broke any we can roll back

Could be entirely my mistake, but would be game ending for me unless I get the settler back

If it’s a captured unguarded settler you guys are talking about, it would seem like fair game to me. Game setup doesn’t say anything about club rules.

Yeah but I thought it waswith special rules because I don’t start any games without them these days, If I knew it wasn’t I wouldn’t have left the settler unguarded in the first place

Sorry about that. No special rules here. I wanted this one to be as basic as possible. I’m willing to roll back the turns for @Rumpel1408 since the mistake is not a strategic one, but more of a meta-expectation that’s been built up over dozens of other games, and it’s perfectly understandable. Does anyone disagree?

so are surprise wars allowed or not
?

I’ll go with whatever the majority are happy with but in my opinion, we should carry on. Do I get to roll back a turn if I make a mistake (whether based on a mistaken assumption of applicable rules or not)? I wouldn’t expect so.

agreed

Well I just wanted the game to be more fun, it’s turn 9 and if andrew has an advantage of a free settler which he could then leverage to pick me entirely out of the game I’m pretty sure he would be set to win… not that I care about it particulary

gg

He rage-quit. For the record, I don’t believe for second he genuinely thought club rules applied. That was horseshit.

1 Like

You know I can still read here?

I don’t really care if you believe me.

This discussion, or rather the lack there off since half the players didn’t even chime in, just showed me, that independent from me being boxed in and at war against a neighbor I’m at war with and two cities behind, just wouldn’t be much fun for me. I think these are plenty of reasons not to force me to play another 20 turns until I’m really out of the game.

I know you can read my comments. I’m glad you have.

You’re pissed off that you lost the settler through your own stupidity. When you couldn’t get your own way and have your mistake erased, rather than man-up and play anyway, you threw your toys out of the pram and quit. Like a baby. Sabotaging the game for the rest of us. Pathetic.