JTHS Physics! (9a621a84)

It seems a group from the German tribe may be considering donating a settler to the Arabian Empire. I would recommend reconsidering, and leave these shores.

@J-Man Such hostility towards others! To my German friends, we have plenty of land to share. Let us prosper together! Did I mention, we have paella?

It looks like vacation mode must not do what we assumed it did.

1 Like

That’s a shame. I just looked and I don’t think I can do anything about it. If that changes, well, you’ll know.

I had vacation mode on over the last few days because our Internet connection was unstable. Did it not take my turns for me?

Apparently not: [FIXED] Vacation Message / "Out of Office"-like system

“There’s now support for going into “Vacation Mode” and adding a comment/status to your avatar - for games that support turn timers (Civ 5/Beyond Earth) vacation mode will also automatically skip your turn while you’re in vacation mode.”

It’s something we used when we did PBEM for Civ 5 back in the day, so we assumed Civ 6 had it as well.

My PYDT crashed hard and I had to reinstall. Annoying.

Let it be known to the German people that the Eastern shores of Our domain are claimed by the great Arabian Society, and that claim is defended by Our crossbowmen, swordsmen, and indestructible mamluks.

It seems we’ve hit a nerve. We Germans feel it is best to talk about our feelings before coming to blows and accordingly have dispatched a delegation to your capital to negotiate a resolution to the tension you’re feeling in a mutually beneficial manor.

1 Like

You misunderstand. The Arabians seek peace for our lands and the lands of our friends! We look forward to hearing from your delegate and will consider your proposal.

Your delegation arrived. Your insolent offer was, of course, refused and your ragtag German government denounced.
Depart our lands now or prepare for annihilation.

You claim land that you did not occupy, yet refuse our generous offer to hand over that very land to you? We do not seek war, but we will defend what is ours.

Well all the world can see what type of a people you are. Demanding tribute while settling in coastal land that is clearly not near your own, surrounded by my cities, knowing one of our settlers was a few tiles away.

Clearly you want a fight, and the rest of the world saw what you did. For their sake, I hope they do not give as many warnings as We did.

The world stands with Germany. They can see you are the aggressor. There is no need for you to send your people to their death. Bring them home and we will advance no further, but we will defend what is ours.

Gotcha. OK. I know when I’m checkmated, even if I don’t understand.

Whatcha doin, there, Spain?

@ChaunceyDoodles The Spanish people have been plagued by roaming barbarians coming from the north and west. I dispatched several units to position along our border to prevent barbarians from reaching our cities. As a courtesy to our Egyptian neighbors, we will intercept any barbarians headed into your territory as well.

We finished off the barbarian nest a few turns ago and this area seems, for the time being, safe. Please feel free to back away a little so as to reassure my people and my veterans from the barbarian wars that you mean no harm.

@ChaunceyDoodles The Spanish people thank your brave warriors for eliminating the barbarian threat. We would be happy to comply with your request. I have ordered my troops to move back from the border as a reassurance of the friendship between our people.

I loathe barbarians. I feel like I have accomplished NOTHING because I am constantly under attack.