Huge shuffle map, standard speed, BBS but no BBG, everybody is welcome! (d21d0ea4)

I am GMT + 1

Hi, I play 9 - 22 GMT. GMT +1. It is in my tooltip on my icon/avatar.

Thatā€™s why I didnā€™t ask you, cause I saw your times. But thanks a lot anyway.

Greetings from New York! Iā€™m at GMT-5 and usually play around 2300-0400 GMT.

Iā€™m an experienced Civ6 player (including multiplayer) but new to PYDT, so please let me know if I do anything wrong!

Iā€™ll ban both Germany leaders.

1 Like

christmasonfire here. I donā€™t know how I managed to create a forum account with a slightly different name but here I am!

1 Like

Now weā€™re only waiing for @Bunoā€™s bans. Heā€™s usually playing between 19:00 and 23:00 UTC, so iā€™m waiting a couple of hours.

Appreciate you bringing this up for discussion. Weā€™re friends irl, and have our own play by cloud multiplayer games. Weā€™re just here because we want to play more multiplayer, and experience larger games.

Have some more thoughts to share, and will share a bit later. In the middle of Dead Island 2 with some other friends right now.

Should Bjorn, Beanz and I not vote?

I mean not that it means anything because you folks donā€™t know us from a bar of soap, but itā€™s definitely the latter of your two ā€œwhat it meansā€ options - as Beanz said, we know each other, play a bit on cloud multiplayer, and I stumbled on PYDT looking for a way around how shit the Civ VI UI is.
I send the PYDT turn links to our group chats to try and fill up the matches, thatā€™s why we end up with multiples of us together.
As an FYI, Beanz and I went to war in the first 50 or so turns in all 3 of our cloud games (still early days in the 2 PYDT games we are currently in!)

So let us know if you want us to vote or not, happy to abide by whatever decision you come up with, or alternatively if its more appropriate I can just drop out - thereā€™s always other games.

Maybe Iā€™m being overly cautious, but a few weeks ago at PYDT we had a player playing 2 accounts in the same games. This ā€œcheaterā€ experience probably made me a little paranoid :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, totally get where youā€™re coming from Markelix. None of us have the time for that BS kind of game play. That kind of stuff also cheats you out of having a good game. Tbh, more likely to treat Ben and Bjornā€¦ errā€¦ roughly, in the game since they are irl friends. But as Ben said - happy to abide with whatever the outcome is. Just want to play!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL yeah, same to me: just want to play and have a good time on playing ;-D

1 Like

It would be the WORST if we got to turn 100 and someone was doing dodgy stuff. What a waste of everyoneā€™s time.
I think Iā€™m in some other games with you Markelix, so for full transparency, Trippa is also one our Aussie friends group - I think we may both be in a game with you.
Do you think I should give the heads up in that match as well?

@Bliss: Still missing your usual playing times

2 Likes

I play at night usually, around 10-11 GMT +1.

On the whole friendā€™s issue, I say lets just get on with it, even friends sometime cross each other for fun :slight_smile:

22:00-23:00 gmt +1, so calculated in GMt 21:00-22:00, right?

Iā€™ll plan the circle in a way, that you could (hope so) make a turn every day in this only one hour.

Yes correct GMT 21-22:00.

So I first didnā€™t belive, but we could really play one round/day - if everybody is playing his turn in his 2-hour-windowā€¦ so itā€™s possible, even if I donā€™t think weā€™ll do it often with 12 players :wink:

Any comments about turn order? Any wishes for other playing windows?

Many of us have huge playing windows, so some changes are possible without problems.

However, we could start to select our leaders.

Here ist the list of all banned civs:

Australia
Babylon
Byzantium: Basil (but not Theodora)
Canada
Georgia
Germany (both leaders)
Gran Columbia
Hungary
Maori
Macedonia
Mongols: Chengis Khan (but not Kublai Khan)
Ottomans
Russia
Scythia
Zulu

All other civs, including Byzantium with Theodora and Mongols with Kublai Khan, are selectable.

Iā€™ve created a random list with that page: RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer

List Randomizer

There were 12 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Beanz
  2. kapshul
  3. Other Realisms
  4. Buno
  5. Mad_SMAKs
  6. BjornJarvis
  7. Bliss
  8. Bambus_bjoern
  9. space.cow8oy
  10. xmasonfire
  11. Michaqel
  12. Markelix

IP: 78.42.201.168
Timestamp: 2023-05-28 17:02:15 UTC

So weā€™re choosing our leader in that order, beginning with @Beanz

1 Like

Youā€™re choosing with posting here, who you take. Everything else iā€™ll do on game-setup, after ordering us in turn order.