Huge, gigantic, big, mammoth, marathon on Primordial map (maybe we will see a mammoth!) (e43cd6d2)

I have always thought the spy numbers were off. The success percentages never seem to add up.

Whereā€™s the tension level at?
Orange

What is this orange you speak of?

GD Barbs are raising my blood pressure.

blue - yellow - orange - red - black? :slight_smile:

Im enjoying the game and wondering what plans are afoot.

Like Aussie on the Barbie? It is dinner time here.

The one who just expended a load of gold on achieving a force greater than the sum of the others . . . wants to know whatā€™s afoot?
Other than 12 inches, Iā€™m hard pushed to guessā€¦

I do love the sudden rise in sea levels. Not so sure why inland lakes flood though.

I was scratching my head too.

The Scots have taken to turning off the lights every turn for one hour. Some ask what is the point as they sit with candles/flashlights and tablet/phones.

You can see the game settings under options. Disaster Intensity is only 2.

But for my new games, I will turn it off or lowest.

Hope you guys are enjoying the game too.

The game is good. I like it. The disaster setting is ok. I think the barb issue is the huge world and it takes like 2 months to build a settler. Here we are in the late game and the damn things keep popping up. We canā€™t close the space and canā€™t build enough units to cover everything.

So here we are with weird guys in skirts running around and we are chasing barbs around.

I have to admit the around the world pace is pretty good.

Gentlemen, it has started. Special forces and naval units were making me nervous.

Went nuclear? For shame!

:atom_symbol: :slight_smile:

How are you guys doing?

What do you have against Buffalo? I grew near there. Though they probably appreciate the warm up.

We are planning the party for the allianceā€™s win over the evil Scots. You?

(making sure you guys are not bored)

Nuclear weapons are fun and first time I have used in multiplayer.

Early on I decided on a war of only going after resources (strategic mainly) and pillaging aerodrome or encampment districts. And also not taking cities early on because I am going for science victory.

Un-killable scouts are a bane though :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.
I have lost something like the following to un-killable scouts in this game
Many Missile Cruiser Amadas
Nuclear Sub Amada
Many Destroyer Armadas
Carrier with 2/3 planes.
Various land units
Various districts and tiles pillaged

We have banned un-killable scouting in club rules games.
PYDT Club rules, etiquette and game template

I have an example of the template I am updating ATM.
here - https://www.playyourdamnturn.com/game/2f6e42c5-a165-494b-933e-00ee4589f8d5
(link may die)

All my future games will club ruled now.
@dand4444 Please continue as you have been because we are not changing the rules mid game.

and I will still win :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Keep it simple, too many rules and I will forget. You did kill one though, a GS in Buffalo is no more.

The game does need a cheaper later game scout/recon. Other versions had recon flights. AWACS, U-2, recon drones and ASW planes would be a good add.

All of that was not to un-killable scouts, some were due to other units passing by. I have had them used on me often so I had not considered otherwise. In fact you picked up a couple units in a similar way - traders that were not killable.

I did enjoy sinking your hardware though :smile: :innocent:

PS - the carrier had 3 planes and it still hurts that I could not get the other one!

1 Like

Great Game Guys! The Cree delivered a religious victory. I had deliberately not finished this earlier but once I saw a GDR wandering around I got religion again! I thought Phoenicia and the Cree could win out but we fell too far behind in tech and production in this game to meet the military threat.

Not sure why you did not crush us while waiting for your rocket ship Valamas. Killing that one GDR pretty much wiped me out. The game took a while but had its advantages in that.

Yes, GG all.
I never ever started building a GDR in any of my games, but at least in this one I got to kill two.
I obviously like huge maps and marathons, despite the result.

GG! Really enjoyed this game.

I was certain of science victory and then your late push for Religion.

I decided not to crush you guys but keep it more fun. Hence the GDR trashing through the neighbourhood. Domination victory was certain, but too easy and not the game I set out to begin with.

The unkillable scouts was a definite killer for me. So many of my units were lost of that tactic, no matter how I tried to play around it. Particularly as scouts for bombers. Which is why I wont play another game if it is allowed.

Dan, thank you for also popping in when we lost a player.

Thanks for letting me play for Mesias-G. I thought I had a track for a different victory but you did dominate. I could have done the religious victory a long time ago but thought I could keep up. I would have liked a grand war without nukes and GDRs but that is not the game.

I wouldnā€™t attribute much to the use of unkillable scouts - they were only late game and you easily overcame them. I used them more to annoy than game an advantage. Well, there was that aircraft carrier :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: