GS Newbs (ba99a32e)

No, everything is moved and it says it’s Geoff’s turn. Thanks for taking a look. :slight_smile:

I wonder if it has something to do with the world congress. Every time I play my turn it says something like “World Congress will convene next turn”. Maybe it’s getting stuck on that?

Yeah, that’s it, it definitely seems to be the world congress. This looks like it’ll really hose things up, I’ll have to look in the save files closer when I have some time tonight and see if there’s any way I can handle this. :frowning:

I’m not sure how to handle this, I’ll have to think about it a bit. It seems like turn 120 is being extended another turn to do the vote. Is this the first world congress meeting in your game?

Yes, it is the first world congress to the best of my memory.

OK, I added some code to allow the round number to remain the same on the turn for civ 6, hopefully this will get you past the world congress. Let me know how it goes!

Well, I was able to pass the turn on, so we’ll see how it goes with Geoff. Thank you so much for that, and your site!

I was able to pass the turn on as well. I couldn’t play it and could only pass it. Hope this works.

It looks like we have success! We played the next turn, and now the following turn has the world congress again which I was able to vote and send the game along.

So much voting! But yes, I think we’re moving along now. Thanks!

Well, that’s your capital down. The Ottomans are ridiculous. :slight_smile: How was Mali? I wasn’t sure you wouldn’t just flood the map with bought troops.

We need a more balanced map for these games… victory often just seems luck of the draw on who gets the better start, neighbours, etc. I know you aren’t too into the TSL Earth, but it does offer the possibility of fair balance if we pick the right mix of civs.

What do you think? Another game, possibly TSL? Or rando if not. :slight_smile:

I’m up for another game. I have played TSL so many times I would rather not play it again.

The Mali were fun but also frustrating. When the game started I thought I had a good position, but after some exploring I realized it wasn’t that good. The only desert I had was around the volcano of Askja, that liked to erupt and pillage my districts. To top it off, almost all my land was flat so I couldn’t build mines to generate the gold I needed. But it was still fun trying to amass gold and buy things. There was no way I could buy a lot of troops and flood the map with units. All my gold was spent on buying the buildings I needed to generate more gold and faith, so I generate more income. If I had started near Ngazargamu and become suzerain of them, the game would have been a lot different.

But you did good with the Ottomans. Was impressed as soon as you started your war campaign with them how quickly you shot ahead.

Your turn to start one.