FFA Lakes, 8 Players - BBG BBS (9c5bfcb8)

Smack talk goes here for FFA Lakes, 8 Players - BBG BBS! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/9c5bfcb8-9fc8-4867-aa6f-4842c2475a17

I joined as well. Looking forward to this game.
Can you please share map settings? Will it be on World Age “Standard” or “New”?
“New” will have similar hills as pangaea. but “Standard” is pretty flat.

Also is private communication allowed? or is it all public?

I’m the kind of guy to leave almost everything on standard, but I’m open to suggestions! I like slightly more hilly terrain so it can be set to New.

Water level high for more lakes, maybe?

I’ll need everyone’s chosen ban (on a Leader, not a civ)

Edit: I’m also very fine with private communications, a bit of scheming and plotting is always necessary to spice up the game. It’d be neat if people publicly announce their alliances and enemities, however.

I would certainly vote for New age. but fine to play on Standard age as well.

I will not ban any civs.

I’m ok with new age, and also will not ban any civs

Ban Mansa Musa

new age is good.

no bans for me.

@HappyCamper @gabezilla @Yeti_la_Pesadilla I still need your bans (or lack of!)
I’ll try to check the map options the next time I launch civ, simulate the settings I’ll probably go for, and submit em to your approval - before actually generating the map.

I don’t have any bans to offer.

no bans from me

BBM (Better Balanced Maps) 0.91 is currently a popular replacement to BBS. If everyone is okay with using it, I’d like having it in the game.

I currently don’t have it on yet, so some options here are still BBS-specific. Aside from that here are the settings, up for changes:

/!\ I’m somewhat unsure what’s the commonly used option for Victory Conditions. “GS Balanced” tends to prevent me from removing the Turn Limit and/or setting it to 500.

I suggest these settings:
Victory conditions is Legacy BBG usually.
Ridges Definition: Classic makes the mountains more balanced throughout the map and one player don’t get all the mountains while others don’t have any. Standard Ridges put mountains around continent split

1 Like

No ban from me

Here’s the draft, then. Surprised by the amount of no-bans! The only bans are thus Maori (autoban, or consider it my pick), Tomyris, Mansa Musa.

The turn order should be updated (automatically) before I post this, so I hope there’ll be no confusion!

Pick your poison. For me it’ll be Ramses for a bit of change… and to survive against all your possible warmonger picks!

I’ll take Jayavarman thanks

I’ll take Ba Trieu

I’ll go with Tamar

Saladin

Hojo

I go Philip II