FFA - Gathering Storm - 12 Hour Timer (754f47c2)

Smack talk goes here for FFA - Gathering Storm - 12 Hour Timer! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/754f47c2-80a1-49d6-b321-60a06482dc36

It looks like this is your first time hosting a game, welcome!

:spiral_notepad: How to create your PYDT game

:tv: See a quick youtube video of PYDT

:speaking_head: Join our quiet discord. Help, News and New Games

If you need help, Post in Game Support or come to discord! :+1:

Wondering if we could suspend the timer for this week – going to be on a camping road trip most of the week with my family and will be able to move turns (but not as frequently as normal)

ive been rejecting any requests like this so far.

i have told others i would make an exception if you are in combat/have units in danger.

the 12 hour timer was meant to move this game along a little faster than our other games have been going.

fair enough your call

Not sure of the specifics, but heard you can pre-load your turns.
Like setting a queue for production, research and unit movement.
It’s not perfect, but could help.

1 Like

You can definitely queue a lot of things, and obviously I’m hopeful I won’t miss any turns, just thought I’d request some consideration so I don’t have to choose between AI interference with my game and enjoying my vacation. I will be queueing etc. just in case, but if it comes to it my game will suffer, fair enough. Hopefully won’t be an issue

Anyone know what’s going on with Japan and Sumeria? As I appear to have inherited host duties (!), should we seek replacements? Anyone know why the original host quit?

@Beanz could you hold the turn until we’ve sorted out whether to get replacements or not? I’ll kill the timer for the time being.

1 Like

no idea why they quit. since you are host now, can you see if Japan and Sumeria are still viable?

host doesn’t have any additional visibility in-game … I am sumeria’s neighbor, so I can attest that they haven’t been wiped out (yet), though I did face him down and prevent him from settling in my direction … have no knowledge of japan’s position – did anyone conquer him?

I don’t think they got conquered. Usually there is an in-game notification when a civ has been wiped out.

1 Like

Alright, since I haven’t heard that Japan is unviable, I’m going to seek replacements for both positions, let’s hold the turn at @Beanz until I’ve found them. What are the rest of your feelings about the 12-hour timer?

Feel 12 hours is too short - especially with different time zones.
From that point of view, 72 hours should cover 90% of day to day situations.

But it does mean waiting 3 days for each player that “disappears”.
Not sure what’s going on with Space Cowboy, but I am in a few other games with him and he hasn’t been doing his turns for the last few weeks. Not saying this to call him out on it. Like I said, no idea what’s going on with him, and life happens, and this is still better than the other 2 players that just left without a word; but these situations do also occur.

Can you update the name? It literally has 12 hour timer in the name!

I definitely agree regarding the turn timer, in my experience the turn timer doesn’t make a game move quickly in a way that players appreciate – best thing for a fast-moving game is players who play multiple times a day (which the title mostly attracted). If I can, I’ll change the game title to whatever we decide on.

1 Like

@space.cow8oy are you here? Is everything OK?

Not sure what to do now. Only 3 of us left.

Yeah, exactly. Personally, I’m not too excited about assuming active responsibilities for another game, but if both of you feel strongly you want to continue maybe we can eventually corral 3 replacements. I haven’t had any bites yet for the two initially open spots, so I’m not super-optimistic. My vote is we pack it in on this one, it’s not too far along yet.

No worries. At this points, social responsibility is kind of not important anymore; so just do what’s comfortable for you.

appreciate it! that makes effectively 2 out of 3, so I’m gonna call this game done, good game all remaining :smiley: