Fairly Classic FFA (503b7374)

Smack talk goes here for Fairly Classic FFA! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/503b7374-f798-48e1-902d-03d97445e494

Hi @christmasonfire. I like the idea of a fairly vanilla game and a few AI Civs. Keep it simple, I say!

1 Like

Something else than many other games. :slight_smile:

Ban:

• Kupe (Maori)
  • Alexander (Macedon)
  • Hojo (Japan)

@christmasonfire: I see you’ve choosen Australia.
You won’t make a draft in ramdon order? So should we also choose a leader?

You asked for advice, what to do before start.
Even if we’re only 4 it would make sense to create a turn order. Maybe we’re able to play 2 rounds each day, if we have an optimal order…

Hey @Markelix! A random draft order sounds good, I’ll use the same model you used in our other game with turn order and drafting.

I’ll ban Basil (Byzantium) and both Germany leaders.

O.k., so i remove my choice for the moment.

And just another tip: Put on future games settings on “random leader only” and set the choosen leaders on game setup.

My Ban:

• Poundmaker( Cree)
  • PachacĂştec ( Inka)
  • Lautaro (Mapuche)

:joy:
You’re banning the leader you had choosen first?

yep :slight_smile: my life my choice :slight_smile:

I’ll ban Canada, Sweden and Babylon.

2 types of draft are possible: Free draft at random order, as we made in my game, or you use a drafter wich gives everybody 6-12 leaders to choose from. E.g. this one: Civ6 Drafter

Alright! Here’s the banned list:
Kupe (Maori)
Alexander (Macedon)
Hojo (Japan)
Basil (Byzantium)
Both Germany leaders
Poundmaker (Cree)
Pachacuti (Inka)
Lautaro (Mapuche)
Canada
Sweden
Babylon

Here’s our draft order:

List Randomizer

There were 4 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Pete
Markelix
christmasonfire
Bambus_bjoern

IP: 2606:40:144:2880::a60:633
Timestamp: 2023-06-21 01:19:15 UTC

You’re up first for your leader choice, @Pete!

Also to Pete and Bambus, do you have preferred times that you play? We can make our turn order better knowing that.

My favorite time is:
GMT 07-08/19-20

Discord User: bambusbjoern (optional)

What I wanted to ask already on my game: Means that, that your best playing times are the 1 hour between 07 and 08 and the 1 hour between 19 and 20, or means that, that your best time is approx. 12 hours between 07/08 and 19/20?

I mean in the morning 1h and in the evening 1h. Currently iam not working, I have the hole day for turn, if iam at home. But in the future when I have a new job, thats my favorite turn times.

1 Like

I’ll take Vietnam. I tend to play GMT 08-09 and 21-24 but often take turns throughout the day.

Well, so best turn order is x-mas - me - Björn - pete.

@christmasonfire: I know from our other game, that you somethimes play turns earlier than UTC 23:00. So on days you’re able to play another turn between 09:00 and 19:00 UTC, we could manage to play 2 rounds/day.

Yeah sometimes I can squeeze in a turn before I go to work, at 1100-1200 UTC.

Because of playing-times I forgot completly to choose my civ, sorry.

I’m going with Yongle.