[DONE] Player surrendered, but it's still his turn?

It’s this seven-player game: Play Your Damn Turn!

I believe the order of events was either:

1. Pericles (player 5) finishes his turn and submits the save file to PYDT successfully.
  2. Trajan (player 7) surrenders from the game via the PYDT website.
  3. Pachacuti (player 6) downloads the PYDT file and takes his turn.

or:

1. Pericles (player 5) finishes his turn and submits the save file to PYDT successfully.
  2. Pachacuti (player 6) downloads his save file from PYDT.
  3. Trajan (player 7) surrenders from the game via the PYDT website.
  4. Pachacuti (player 6) takes his turn.

In any case, once Pachacuti (player 6) finishes, we’d expect it to say that it’s John Curtin’s (player 1’s) turn after Pachacuti, because the AI should be taking Trajan’s (player 7’s) turn now. But when Pachacuti finishes, it shows that it’s Trajan’s turn (played by DB, see image). Can you help us?

Thank you,
John

P.S. How can I find the password to start DB’s turn?

I think the issue here is that the surrender code doesn’t update the game file unless the person surrendering is the active player, I should probably fix that to just always update the game file regardless. In any case, you should be able to get the game moving again by just reverting a turn, which should get the human/ai flags in the file set properly again.

Thanks Mike! I’ll make sure to wait until my turn to surrender next game. :slight_smile:

I don’t see reverting a turn as an option for me… is that something the Player1 guy has access to?

Kind regards,
DB

Either player 1 or the current player should be able to revert the turn.

Thanks, mrosack! We reverted the turn and it seems to be working now. :slight_smile:

1 Like