[DONE] Multiplayer Load Game Failed. Failed to fetch header information for save game file. Filename: (PYDT) Play This One!.Civ6Save

Good Day All,

I was playing a game with a few of my buddies when I was no longer able to open the save game file. After reinstalling Civ 6 a few times we figured we would just start a new game. Once starting the new game I noticed the game still failed to load. I then tried to install Civ 6 with proton to see if that fixed the issue. It still failed to load. Then I began digging through the logs and found with ls -alt the two log files that are updated when attempting to load the game are net_connection_debug.log & net_connection_debug.log.
net_connection_debug.log only ever has the message after each load ’ Network manager leaving game.’
however net_connection_debug.log has the following messages when attempting to open a save game

|[2022-11-29 10:49:31]|Attempt to Load a file. ServerType: 5, Location Type: 3, Device: 1, Options 00000000|
|[2022-11-29 10:49:31]|Processing load, Location Type: 3, Device: 1, Options 00000000|
|[2022-11-29 10:49:31]|Serialization Header Load Request. Location Type: 3, Device: 1, Options 00000000|
|[2022-11-29 10:49:31]|Serialization OpenFromSource. Location Type: 3, Device: 1, Options 00000000|
|[2022-11-29 10:49:31]|Multiplayer Load Game Failed. Failed to fetch header information for save game file. Filename: (PYDT) Play This One!.Civ6Save|

I have used both the website and the linux app to get the save file and the same issue occurs. Moreover I did a diff on the two files from the site and found they are the same binary files. I am really stumped as to why the game was working but no longer does. I am open to any suggestions. I do not see any network connections blocked from my computer either.

Thank you,
Blar

Edited for formatting and grammar.

Can you upload the file?

Good Day mrosack,
Yes please find below. Note I had to call it a .txt. for it to upload.
Thank you for your help!
Blar
(PYDT) Play This One!.Civ6Save.txt (493.3 KB)

It seems to load fine for me - are you on different platforms (Windows/Mac/Linux)? Sometimes updates aren’t released at the same time and Mac/Linux won’t be able to load Windows saves.

Hey Mrosack!
Thank you. Your statement was correct. I just got an update and the loads now work. Thank you for checking the file. Ill ask my other players to please not update before my update!
Cheers!
Blar