Colonization (124bdcd7)

Smack talk goes here for Colonization! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/124bdcd7-d880-44e7-ac52-d17973c7ef43

Game name: Colonization
Size: Large
Type - Terra. On this map we all start on the same major continent
Speed: Standard
Resources: Abundant
Start position: Legendary
3 player. No additional civs
City states: None. I figured out they can be turned off.
You can choose random or pick a civ. The Maori civ is banned.

The theme of this game is we mirror the major European powers during the age of exploration. We can have wars with each other but they are not wars designed to destroy the other people. We want to expand, explore, find new lands, spread our culture, go learn new things.

Wars can be declared at any time but the following apply:
You cannot attack a player inside their borders on the HOME continent. If a player moves a unit outside of their border, then can be attacked.
If somebody gets inside your border on your HOME continent you can attack them, but they cannot attack back as long as you are in your own borders.
Any unit or city that is not on the HOME continent can be attacked so long as it is outside a person’s borders on the HOME continent.
If somebody offers you peace, you MUST accept. Of course you can declare war on them 10 turns later.
As soon as any player enters the Atomic era, all the exceptions are gone. You can attack anybody anywhere, and you don’t have to accept peace anymore if you don’t want.

The following exceptions apply before the Atomic era.
Exception 1: If Player “x” has 2/3 civs under their religion, then any player can attack Player “x” on their HOME continent and don’t have to accept peace.
Exception 2: If Player “x” has 2/3 civs under their cultural influence, then any player can attack Player “x” on their HOME continent and don’t have to accept peace.
Exception 3: If Player “x” has 15/20 under diplomatic victory, then any player can attack Player “x” on their HOME continent and don’t have to accept peace.
Exception 4: If Player “x” has built a spaceport, then any player can attack Player “x”. This is kind of a moot point because you will be in the modern era if you have a spaceport.

I guess I should have read these rules again before today. As soon as any player enters the atomic era, all the exceptions are gone. I wondered why Dan attacked one of my units inside my borders on my home continent. Unfortunately my army is on the other side of the world, but I’m moving it back home starting next turn.

Yea, I had to go look up the rules when you offered peace and I thought we were beyond that.