Be Gentle (66315c83)

Is everyone happy with the settings? I put 3 day timer, but could do 1 day to make the game faster. Plus, angel, could you update your timezone so I can optimise the turn order?

I have not had timers because I think they are broken in Civ 6. But my experience is people generally very good at playing their turns and go on vacation sometimes (which is a profile setting to announce that). Try not setting a turn timer. I don’t think anyone likes to miss their turn.

I pop in at various times of the day to check if i have a turn. I too thought time zones could be important, but they are not really because people can range their preferred time of playing, e.g. morning to night.

It is about 8:30am here on Tuesday. First coffee is at 50% consumed and I have played 2 games, 4 to go. Including a play by cloud I started before I found this awesome place. It takes over a week to get that turn… and there is no chat, and my strategy thoughts get lost over that week and a half. The game feels quite cold. :sip:

You can have a “chat” using the map tacks :slight_smile:

Ah ok. Well that’s good that no-one likes to miss their turn. It also means I may as well leave the 3 day limit on, as there’s no downside to doing so, and an extra incentive to keep turns ticking over can’t hurt.

Finally figured out how to start the ‘damn’ game, and my turn is in. So we’re off, glhf!

1 Like

+1 - let’s go!

My game was crashing but I fixed it.

The pressure was on with the turn timer!

Glad you figured it out! Well pressure is a privilege, or so they say…

I had problems with random crash to desktop on linux and fixed it for now using this:

Oh boy, hopefully the game runs smoother from here on in!

Once everybody makes it through the first time, usually all the kinks are worked out.

Good to know. Though let’s not tempt fate…

@petrojbl1 I think you might have uploaded the wrong file. I went to save my turn and it’s telling me I’m saving a turn 2 file, when it should be a turn 3. Think I’ll have to revert the turn? Took me way too long to realise what might have happened…

Apologies all, and especially petrojbl, SackGT helped me realise I was simply playing the wrong file. I’ll rely on the client in future, as manually downloading wasn’t working for some reason. I was avoiding using the client as the GMR one perma-crashes, and I was attributing guilt by association. But PYDT ftw…

I’m sorry guys, buy I have to bail the game as I have had problems launching the save now for the last 2 days.

Ah, that’s a shame. Any idea why? Maybe post in the discord group for help?

I’m leaving the game now sadly as I still haven’t been able to get it working. I’m on linux on AMD graphics card and they aren’t supported sadly so I’m on my own to get it to work.

So try for a replacement?

@mrosack Could you please sub @angelspikevg in to replace Harre?

Welcome!

Just wondering if we have lost @angelspikevg and @theHand in this game. Seems to be a number of missed turns.