Be Gentle (66315c83)

Smack talk goes here for Be Gentle! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/66315c83-cd01-4fd4-b864-a1e9b3b3b399

I just installed Civ 5 again. I am looking forward to auto workers. Apart from that, itā€™s been a while.

Is everyone happy with the settings? I put 3 day timer, but could do 1 day to make the game faster. Plus, angel, could you update your timezone so I can optimise the turn order?

I have not had timers because I think they are broken in Civ 6. But my experience is people generally very good at playing their turns and go on vacation sometimes (which is a profile setting to announce that). Try not setting a turn timer. I donā€™t think anyone likes to miss their turn.

I pop in at various times of the day to check if i have a turn. I too thought time zones could be important, but they are not really because people can range their preferred time of playing, e.g. morning to night.

It is about 8:30am here on Tuesday. First coffee is at 50% consumed and I have played 2 games, 4 to go. Including a play by cloud I started before I found this awesome place. It takes over a week to get that turnā€¦ and there is no chat, and my strategy thoughts get lost over that week and a half. The game feels quite cold. :sip:

You can have a ā€œchatā€ using the map tacks :slight_smile:

Ah ok. Well thatā€™s good that no-one likes to miss their turn. It also means I may as well leave the 3 day limit on, as thereā€™s no downside to doing so, and an extra incentive to keep turns ticking over canā€™t hurt.

Finally figured out how to start the ā€˜damnā€™ game, and my turn is in. So weā€™re off, glhf!

1 Like

+1 - letā€™s go!

My game was crashing but I fixed it.

The pressure was on with the turn timer!

Glad you figured it out! Well pressure is a privilege, or so they sayā€¦

I had problems with random crash to desktop on linux and fixed it for now using this:

Oh boy, hopefully the game runs smoother from here on in!

Once everybody makes it through the first time, usually all the kinks are worked out.

Good to know. Though letā€™s not tempt fateā€¦

@petrojbl1 I think you might have uploaded the wrong file. I went to save my turn and itā€™s telling me Iā€™m saving a turn 2 file, when it should be a turn 3. Think Iā€™ll have to revert the turn? Took me way too long to realise what might have happenedā€¦

Apologies all, and especially petrojbl, SackGT helped me realise I was simply playing the wrong file. Iā€™ll rely on the client in future, as manually downloading wasnā€™t working for some reason. I was avoiding using the client as the GMR one perma-crashes, and I was attributing guilt by association. But PYDT ftwā€¦

Iā€™m sorry guys, buy I have to bail the game as I have had problems launching the save now for the last 2 days.

Ah, thatā€™s a shame. Any idea why? Maybe post in the discord group for help?

Iā€™m leaving the game now sadly as I still havenā€™t been able to get it working. Iā€™m on linux on AMD graphics card and they arenā€™t supported sadly so Iā€™m on my own to get it to work.

So try for a replacement?

@mrosack Could you please sub @angelspikevg in to replace Harre?