Astalatasta's game! (5ac290cd)

Thank you.

If you wish to remain peaceful Russia then your missionaries will not enter my lands. I will declare war to condemn them.

Why do you ignore my warnings Russia? I did not want war but I cannot allow your religion to dominate my lands, you chose this.

I am not spreading my religion to you, the spread is passive from my cities. The missionaries are passing through.
But if you wish for war, we are prepared to fight for our beliefs and our rights to believe in them.

There is nowhere to pass through to! I do not wish for war and have no plans to attack you but I must defend my religion or else you will have free reign to a religious victory. Allowing your missionaries into my lands would be stupid of me. I have no choice but to condemn them.

My apologies. I did not realise we were the only inhabitants of this landmass. I will withdraw immediately and await the invention of a method of spreading the good news beyond these shores.

seems astalatasta has also quit this game now

Wonder why he quit? Was he too far behind?

No he was doing ok, has 9 cities down, decent science and culture… Only 4 techs behind me, idk why he quit now.

@StefanosG This war is no good for either of us. Let there be peace so we can concentrate on growing our empires.

The purpose of the war is to prevent you from being able to send religious units into my territory, with my religion currently being the only other in the game to oppose yours I believe it necessary to continue. I have no plans to enter your territory, my units are operating defensively and to prevent you taking Egypt’s last city.

Your crossbowmen continually shoot down my units in my own territory.
We will stay away from Portuguese lands.

My archers were guarding that position since before you had a city there tbf. :slight_smile:

Not long now guys, couple turns left… Was a pretty messed up game with the extra units at the start and people leaving, thanks for sticking around you two. Seems the Egypt player leaving really helped me out in the end, after the AI warred me and killed all my starting warriors with chariots I was able to turn it round and their lands were really useful for me GG.

GG. Thought I had a good start clearing my land and expanding quickly. But then it just stalled with nobody to trade with and not getting off this rock.

Well played. I should have pivoted away from religion to culture sooner, and done more to stop you but my military was never close.
Good game everyone (well, those who are left :slight_smile: )

Portugal really are strong, lots of early internal trade routes transitioning into mid game externals for massive gold… And the little extra science from my UB is quite nice too. Went for a culture religion to try counter Russian tourism, always worry about Russia! :slight_smile: